Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

I have never done a burnout in the Blazer

Old 11-10-2010, 04:27 PM
1sexyblzr is on a distinguished road

Iv done a couple burnouts in the blazer. I don't like to though. Speaking of burnouts though my buddy at work has a 87 monte carlo and the burnouts that thing does are pretty intense

Old 11-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Starting Member
Senshi09 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wlorton
I was given the keys to an 84 vette back in high school to drive.... Wasnt my car... tires didnt get burnt, again given the keys to an LT1 Camaro convertible in high school.... and again tires didnt get burnt... wasnt my car... idk....

But I had a horrible mentor *giggle giggle*
I was with my family in vegas one year, and my grandpa rented a mustang (it was 2005) and a newer body style... we were sitting in the 2 place in line at a light... He power break'd it for about 20 seconds until we got a green.... Funniest thing I ever saw

oh wow.. you got handed the lt1 camaro and a vette set of keys but you never played with them????!?!?!?! you must have massive self-restraint. If someone was dumb enough to do that with me, those tires would be wasted within seconds. And i'd probably of gone o a high speed chase/raced someone somewhere hahaha. see thats ballsy, for someone to do that in a state or area they don't live in, at least i assume your grandpa didn't live in vegas since he rented the 'stang. I couldnt do it in an area i don't live since i dont know thier laws or rules and such and wouldnt risk losing my freedom over it. I know different cities have different laws.. not gonna be bothered trying to figure them all out though lol

Old 11-11-2010, 08:03 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Senshi09
oh wow.. you got handed the lt1 camaro and a vette set of keys but you never played with them????!?!?!?! you must have massive self-restraint. If someone was dumb enough to do that with me, those tires would be wasted within seconds. And i'd probably of gone o a high speed chase/raced someone somewhere hahaha. see thats ballsy, for someone to do that in a state or area they don't live in, at least i assume your grandpa didn't live in vegas since he rented the 'stang. I couldnt do it in an area i don't live since i dont know thier laws or rules and such and wouldnt risk losing my freedom over it. I know different cities have different laws.. not gonna be bothered trying to figure them all out though lol
Weren't my cars... I respect everyones property man... Thats whats wrong with kids these days.... lol

Old 11-11-2010, 09:28 AM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Weren't my cars... I respect everyones property man... Thats whats wrong with kids these days.... lol
Good Call!

Old 11-11-2010, 10:47 AM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

Truth! I've been handed the keys to drive a few pretty quick cars but since they weren't mine I drove them like grandmas. I don't mind beatin on my own stuff, but beatin on someone elses property just isn't very nice. You wouldn't like it if they jumped in your ride and brought it back with bald tires and the motor knockin' would ya?

Old 11-11-2010, 11:50 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by 01vortec
Truth! I've been handed the keys to drive a few pretty quick cars but since they weren't mine I drove them like grandmas. I don't mind beatin on my own stuff, but beatin on someone elses property just isn't very nice. You wouldn't like it if they jumped in your ride and brought it back with bald tires and the motor knockin' would ya?

It also goes this way I have noticed from experience....

Given a car to keep.... You drive like you stole it... (most people)

Buy a car yourself..... You take care of it....

Old 11-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Banned
djerock is on a distinguished road

^^^ haha i was thing of the same when i was working on a 2010 nissan gtr this week.... not mine but if it where..

Old 11-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am 26 and haven't done a burnout in a car/truck that was at least respectable. No reason to go ripping off burnouts in a 190 HP Blazer. My dad had a 91 Camaro RS with the horribly underpowered 305 TBI motor in it. In High School I never even did a burnout in that car. Granted it was slower than my parents 02 TrailBlazer, I respected my Dad's car and the lack of HP in that car wouldn't have made for a great burnout anyway.

However, I have owned 3 Camaros myself. A 95 Z28, 99 Z28, and a 00 SS. All M6 cars as well. The 95 and 99 had mild bolt-ons and those cars saw a decent amount of burnouts but I was younger and more dumb. I had the SS for 3 years and it was the one I owned the longest. Actually just sold it last week . The SS had full bolt-ons, mild cam, and n2o. Every once in a while I would roll into from a stop and get the tires spinning. On the street the car didn't hook at all. I did a big standing still burnout in the SS once and that was finishing off tires.

Point being, if you have a car that is respectable and doesn't make you look like a moron for doing a burnout, then why not have fun every once in a while? When I was not at the track with the Camaros I drove them like a sissy most of the time. I knew the car was faster than 98% of the cars in my area. I think people who let it eat from each stop light are ridiculous though.

My Blazer and TrailBlazer were not bought to do burnouts, nor were they made for that. Hell even the crappy rears in Fbodys aren't made for that stuff, ha.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:50 PM
BF Veteran

I understand what you mean about doing burnouts once in awhile... Its just in the urban wheeling thread... someone mentioned doing a burnout and I thought I would post that I never did a brake standing burnout that got smoke going....

But I what purpose does a burnout serve? All you are doing is wasting tires....

At the track when you can increase traction...

Idk.... Maybe when I get a car with decent horsepower I will join the club

Old 11-14-2010, 01:11 AM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

I have done a burnout in a blazer once to show a buddy up (and this was before i was replacing tires), and i have got er lighten up doing doughnuts once before.....
now as for my older s10....well...thats a whole nother story, haha, notice the different rims in this picture, i went to a junker to pick up rims to throw my winter tires on..and they came with ****ty *** bald tires...well....gotta do something with them..so

who wants to make a guess at what size of motor i got

Last edited by swartlkk; 11-14-2010 at 08:19 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I have never done a burnout in the Blazer