Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

I swear, the deer hit me...

Old 01-07-2010, 01:25 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I swear, the deer hit me...

Gather around for a tale of wonder and amazment! I'm coming home about 1:00 am and see a few deer standing on the left near a hill. In WV, I'm so used to this, when they are that close to the hill, they always run up the hill. So I just drive on through and think nothing about it. There is about 2 inches of snow on the road. Speed limit is 40. I was going about that. Road is straight, and been driving it for 10+ years daily so I was comfortable.

We'll, this $#^& deer takes off across the road. I ease into the opposing lane to try and let him go behind. This doe at full speed rams the passenger rear of my truck. The rear breaks loose and swerved for about 100 yards. I just counter steered back and forth and got it straight. Pulled over to the side and looked first to see if the glass had busted on that rear door. It was fine. So I got out and looked to see if the deer was hurt or in the road so I could move it for other cars, it was long gone. All the damage I saw was a fender flare was kicked into the wheel well some. Tire was good, so I went home and cooled off.

This morning I walk to my truck and I see it. There is a dent from the passenger rear door all the way to the backlight, and from bottom to about 7-8 inches up the body. It's about 2 inches in and gets shallower towards the rear door. Paint is already peeling off. And I just replaced the backglass two weeks ago from another fiasco that sat my truck in the driveway for two monthes waiting on insurance companies! I only have liability for insurance so I doubt they will cover anything.

I was planning on using my income tax to replace my rusted out rocker panels and painting it solid black and get rid of the black/gray 2 tone. Looks like I'll add in some more body work to that list... My buddy got me an old copy of Goldeneye 007 for N64 for Christmas, so I'ma go blast the s*** outta some Ruskies and cry. Same thing I did last night, lol. If I can get my kodak to charge I'll post some pics tomarrow.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:38 AM
Starting Member
jacobcnc is on a distinguished road

I have had may deer run into the side of different trucks over the years. When they decide what they want to do and were they are going they just dont care.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:43 AM
Starting Member
Bad Attitude is on a distinguished road

I would be out with the rifle looking for the deer with paint trace on it's head and putting it in my freezer

Old 01-07-2010, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bad Attitude
I would be out with the rifle looking for the deer with paint trace on it's head and putting it in my freezer
With my body lift the bumper is dropped below the body, now that I think about it it's almost like having a blunt spear on both sides. I had deer hair from the back door, all over the back, and on a little of the drivers side. And blood on the curled part of the bumper. So I consider it about even. Although standing over that deer with my .40 and reciting the Dirty Harry speech and gettin' some deer jerky would be comforting! This truck was in MINT condition when I bought it. It had 98,000 miles, and had factory everything still on it. No wrecks no dents and only a little rust on the rockers. Even had the 15 year old factory Uniroyal Tiger paw tires on it. It had to happen sooner or later. At least it's cosmetic and nothing mechanical. Now if I wouldv'e had to walk the rest of the 8-10 miles to my house, I wouldv'e hunt that deer down and took it's life with my bare hands.

*I don't condone killing animals under any circumstance unless the meat is harvested for food. Don't wanna offend anyone.*

Old 01-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_boy is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a similar situation...expet i made the mistake of saying i hit the dear and recived nothing from my insurance company for repairs...when in all actuallity the deer did hit me...They arnt to bright

Old 01-07-2010, 08:38 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jacobcnc
When they decide what they want to do and were they are going they just dont care.
tell me about it!

1st weekend of August/08, up near my friend's cottage (in Northern Ontario) around midnight, on a twisty/hilly road, came over the crest of a hill to a long sweeping curve, and i came across 3 Doe's standing on the right shoulder about 200 yards up the road.

ease of the throttle, dropped it into drive, figuring the 6.2 would make enough "noise" to startle them. it did and they took off into the bush, yay!

Son of a B***h! the biggest Doe decides @ the last minute to high tail it back across the road!!

never knew a Suburban with 8 people in it (doin' about 65-70) could stop (slow down enough?) in about 100 feet. i swore i clipped her back feet, but couldn't find and damage to the HL trim ring/grill or fender (lucky for her!), but it sure as hell almost changed the colour of my shorts!

not trying to jack your story Joshua, the point i was making was those stupid animals always seem to pick our pride 'n joy to go after. i coulda cared less if i was in my Blazer, but you don't mess with da 'Burb!

hopefully you can pull out the majority of the damage.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:44 AM

Don't worry about jackin my thread Chris, if your story is better then you deserve the thread. We got another 3-4 inches of snow (Doesn't seem like much but this is the most snow we've got in about 7 years!) and my buddy got a short video of my blazer sliding around work's parkinglot and his 88 MR2 tryin to move on his I phone. Hopefully I can get that on youtube. Let the forum here the exhaust they choose for me. I'm probley just gonna scuff it and spray some primer to try to keep the rust away untill income tax time when *hopefully* all the body work gets done and she gets painted. I noticed today it twisted the bumper some, but I'm gonna get the black bumpers that some models had so it's fully black.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:01 AM
shligger is on a distinguished road

The first week after I bought my 96 blazer I had an encounter with a deer. I was driving home and the roads were still wet from the rain. As I'm cruising at 55 down the highway, I see a small deer cross the road. It was the size of a large dog (I thought it was a dog at first) and I laid down on my brakes. In retrospect, I could have floored the brakes but I chose to simply slow down so the deer could get across.

I let off the brakes as the deer crosses the road. At this moment, Bambi decides to turn around and run directly in front of my truck. I hit the deer so square that I didn't run it over but rather straddled it with my tries. My rear view mirror reveals nothing but blackness from my tinted window and I head home.

Now my front license plate tilts to the side without aid and the plastic grill has cracks everywhere.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:46 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

That sucks, I would have killed that deer and at least made him my dinner.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Starting Member
truesmack is an unknown quantity at this point

Deer are just giant rodents, so stupid and annoying.