Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

To Indiana or bust

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 02:32 AM
Mrthelaxer is on a distinguished road
Default To Indiana or bust

hey guys, so i a few months back i went on a trip to Indiana from Chicago to meet up with a girl i met over the summer. and of course there was only one vehicle i could take to make the drive through endless corn fields feel right. my 2002 blazer! for having 120k miles on it, it drives like a dream went 250 miles one way on about 3/4 tank of gas and not a single complaint. over all great exprience with a great truck, very glad i invested in my blazer. i did notice at about 90 mph i was passing a semi and the blazer felt a bit shacky, anyone else ever have that? or is that a problem i should worry about? in any case was a lot of fun and in case you were wondering it worked out with the girl so feels pretty good

Old 02-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Verno will become famous soon enough

Stay out of Indiana with that Race Blazer, lol jk

Old 02-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

the reason why it felt so shaky at 90, and i have personal experience with this, is because YOU WERE DOING 90!! IN A BLAZER!!
lol. just kidding. but seriously, i topped out my old blazer at 96 because the speedo was off almost 5 MPH. and i dont remember it being shaky but out here in cali i was headed towards San Diego and they highway was windy and everything, so that might be why i didnt notice. plus the highways out here effing blow!!!!

Old 02-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point

I have noticed on windy days that my 04 feels a little unstable at highway speeds. Blazers are not the most aerodynamic vehicles on the road. If it felt more like wind blowing you around, that's normal. At least from my experience.

Big trucks block a lot of air. If you have ever seen a NASCAR race, you will see that the cars lossen up a lot when they hit a certain point passing other vehicles. And they are pretty aerodynamic. Personally, I would be a lot more concerned with staying below 90.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

Blazers do 90?

Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 AM
Mrthelaxer is on a distinguished road

lol, i dont think ill be doing that to my poor baby again. however the whole road trip was fun, any favorite destinations or routes?

Old 02-21-2013, 09:14 AM
Starting Member
Hanen42 is on a distinguished road

What part of Indiana? There is tons to see in our great state.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Twip;568302]the reason why it felt so shaky at 90, and i have personal experience with this, is because YOU WERE DOING 90!! IN A BLAZER!! QUOTE]

If you were doing 90 on any of the roads except for around Indy, that's why it was shaky. I'm due south from Chicago and some of our roads you know are roads because there aren't any trees growing in them.

I'm about as far from Chicago as it is possible to get and stay in the state.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

I'm from Chicago too! It's a great place to be from. I think it's the only State that former governors make license plates.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
I'm from Chicago too! It's a great place to be from. I think it's the only State that former governors make license plates.

I've been around the country and am happy to live in Indiana. It's such a nice place, it's where Illinois governors retire to when they leave office. I work with a bunch of guys who live in Illinois and from what they say, Indiana is a lot nicer. FOID cards and all sorts of other gummint rules that we don't have in Indiana.

Last edited by ol' grouch; 03-02-2013 at 05:54 PM. Reason: I kant spel wurth a durn.

Quick Reply: To Indiana or bust