Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Law Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 04:08 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road
Default Law Question

Hey everyone, so today i was driving along and sort of cut this lady off at a merge point, the next light we got stopped at she proceeded to yell at me from her car, behind me, and write down my plate....can she actually do anything with that or get me in any trouble? btw i live in michigan.

Thanks in Advance
-Derek Martin

Old 03-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Beginning Member
LAWDOG is an unknown quantity at this point

No. In order for a charge to be laid under state or provincial driving laws, a peace officer must be witness to the offence, or in some cases it can be captured on film ie red light cameras. She was just being a beotch. The police would just laugh at her if she actually complained.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by LAWDOG
No. In order for a charge to be laid under state or provincial driving laws, a peace officer must be witness to the offence, or in some cases it can be captured on film ie red light cameras. She was just being a beotch. The police would just laugh at her if she actually complained.
Ha, alright thanks for the info, IMO that is just one of those instances when you say "wow your cool" and move on...she overreacted i think

Old 03-03-2010, 05:21 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Most people who get cut off over react (myself included) and plan on extreme drastic measure to the that @%^$%^ who cut them off a lesson they'll never forget...

until they get to where ever they were heading, vent to whoever will listen to them, do whatever they were going to and decompress a bit. When they finally remember that they took down your plate with all the intentions of turning you in for your unforgiveable rudeness, they have calmed down and think back that it wasn't THAT bad afterall.

Or they turn it in to the police and get told, very simply, "Sorry, Ma'am/Sir, there's nothing we can do."

Old 03-03-2010, 06:06 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

they can always turn the interwebs against you, find out where you live, and kill you in your sleep...

but legally, as LAWDOG said, they can do "Not" and "Sh*t" so you are in the clear. Unless you clipped her... then she can get you for hit and run

Old 03-03-2010, 06:19 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

In Texas the law requires you to yield to a vehicle entering from a merge lane on the highway.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:21 PM

thanks for the input guys, and for the record i didn't come close to clipping her, so i wont worry about it...unless shes comes and kills me in her sleep...the best part is it was right after school and her daughter was sitting in the passenger seat embarrassed beyond belief

Old 03-03-2010, 07:47 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by BlazerGuy2001
thanks for the input guys, and for the record i didn't come close to clipping her, so i wont worry about it...unless shes comes and kills me in her sleep...the best part is it was right after school and her daughter was sitting in the passenger seat embarrassed beyond belief
WOw... she is asleep and you are awake and she kills you!!! wow

Old 03-03-2010, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by wlorton
WOw... she is asleep and you are awake and she kills you!!! wow
ha my bad, typo, you all know what i meant

Old 03-03-2010, 08:42 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LAWDOG

actually...............if enough complaints are logged/registered to a vehicle/licence plate, then a letter of caution (warning) is sent to the registered owner.

if a second letter is required, it's delivered-in person, by the police-to the registered owners address, and the registered owner is spoken to about the driving practices in question, who is alllowed to drive the car (in case the owner pulls the, "i let my buddy borrow the car" line) & the manner it is driven in.

if a third letter is required, it results in an appearance before a judge (or JP), and almost always results in a suspension.

@ least that's how it is in Ontario.

just try not to cut anyone off anymore-@ least not that *ahem* "lady" anyways!

Quick Reply: Law Question