Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Law Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 05:50 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zedartwo
They definitely CAN sent you a ticket but highly unlikely they will. He was probably just checking your plate # in the records and saw that your a clean driver an went on his way.
are you sure this isn't just canadian law?

Old 03-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

They definitely CAN sent you a ticket but highly unlikely they will. He was probably just checking your plate # in the records and saw that your a clean driver an went on his way.

@ABN It's not logged by the police, but by the Ministry of Transporation and they only way you know you have complaints is to ask them. Its not like 3 complaints and you get the letter. They have to be of the same nature (suspected driving drunk, cutting off, etc) and its usually erases itself after 3 years.

@ Benedict Haha..no!

@ Old Skool - Not one person in Ontario has been convicted of a "street racing" charge. Seems to be a good deterrence, even if they don't do it. lol

maybe that is true in canada but as far as i know in MI they can't. heck i ran my blazer into a ditch. a cop stopped took my plate, my license, radioed in to check my record, notified me i was in violation of destruction of property, then after that asked me how i ended up in the ditch? he was a complete jerk about the whole thing, plus i never received any points or a ticket. there or in the mail. anyways enough venting by me. most likely you won't get anything. my advice slow down a little (at least in school/city areas) or buy a cobra band detector*. although those aren't fool proof.

*im not advocating speeding in any way

Old 03-23-2010, 06:36 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

It could be, but I'm pretty sure MOST laws Canadian/US are modeled very close to another.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:36 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

@ Old Skool - Not one person in Ontario has been convicted of a "street racing" charge. Seems to be a good deterrence, even if they don't do it. lol

actually Brad, they changed the law to "stunt driving" (which includes "street racing"), and there have been a few people convicted.

in fact, a 68 yr old grandmother had her conviction over turned on appeal, but the Supreme Court reversed that decision on her.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:40 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Really?!? It has been a while since I got my info lol.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:00 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BlazerGuy2001
are you sure this isn't just canadian law?
They can send you a ticket in the mail if you are observed doing something illegal and they are on the way to something more important.

My buddy was driving me home from school one day with his sound system full blast (it has been metered to do 146.9dbs) and we never heard the sirens behind us, he pulled over finally as the cop flew by us. About 3 or 4 days later, he got a ticket in the mail and showed it to me. It said something to the effect of "failure to yield to a police official in pursuit" or something stupid like that.

SO, yes michigan cops can mail you a ticket, its pretty rare but if they do, you have to pay it.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:03 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MTopper
They can send you a ticket in the mail if you are observed doing something illegal and they are on the way to something more important.

My buddy was driving me home from school one day with his sound system full blast (it has been metered to do 146.9dbs) and we never heard the sirens behind us, he pulled over finally as the cop flew by us. About 3 or 4 days later, he got a ticket in the mail and showed it to me. It said something to the effect of "failure to yield to a police official in pursuit" or something stupid like that.

SO, yes michigan cops can mail you a ticket, its pretty rare but if they do, you have to pay it.
I can understand not hearing the siren; how were the flashing red and blue lights not noticed?

Old 03-26-2010, 12:13 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bigkhans
I can understand not hearing the siren; how were the flashing red and blue lights not noticed?
maybe the mirrors were shaking too much?

Old 03-26-2010, 12:19 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

heck if i know, it was 3 in the afternoon and the cop was cruising down the middle of the road. i've had problems seeing the flashing red of a state trooper before because it was so bright outside

Old 03-26-2010, 12:23 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Sorry dude, I still don't understand how the flashing lights were missed.

Last edited by bigkhans; 03-26-2010 at 12:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Law Question