Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

My New Spare! has this happened to you?

Old 02-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Beginning Member
Ken87 is on a distinguished road
Default My New Spare! has this happened to you?

Years ago I lost my spare after the cable broke.
Today while I was driving to work I saw a tire that looked really good on the side of the road, so I turned around to check it out and it's a new tire (great tread depth) the exact same size as what I have on my Blazer, how exciting!

I was needing to get a new spare and the Lord provided one.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Old 02-11-2013, 06:47 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Cant say that i have been that lucky or unlucky with the cable braking LOL.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Starting Member
Blazin00LT is on a distinguished road

Best thing I ever found on the side of the road was a cooler FULL of beer and ICE. It hit the road and exploded beer cans around. I stopped looked for people hiding in the bushed waiting to mug me but found none. So I cleaned up the beer in the road and went home. All in all I got a broken cooler, 15# of ice or so, and 1 case of coors light and a case of bud light.

Forgot to say the cable did break on my dads 99 Xtreme and my 04 CC.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

I've never kept underneath mounted spares well... Underneath, so I have t lost one. I DID just aquire a 225/75/r15 on a 4x4 s-series wheel last week. It was sitting on a curb for a week before I decided to pick it up. Had a buddy who needed the tire and the wheel goes in stock so I now have a set of 4 incase I get a second Blazer and it has one of the aluminum wheels I don't like (almost all the stock 4x4 wheels). If it sits a couple days, I'm gonna snag it. I can always scrap a wheel and find someone who needs a tire with tread and holds air.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:00 AM
Angry

The lucky I have been as for finding things in the middle of the road was cinderblock brick which I ran over cause there was no room to swerve around it.Luckily It didnt do any damage.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:02 AM
Beginning Member
Ken87 is on a distinguished road

I should add that I also found a brand new steel rim by the side of the road as well, so when I get the money for a new rear tire mount rack...

Old 02-12-2013, 08:32 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Found an almost brand new stainless steel grill on and on ramp to the highway

Old 02-12-2013, 11:33 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

My dad lost his donut spare off the s10 pickup On the highway.. He went back to get it.

I repaired the cable and put a fullsize spare under there. The donut was shot any ways.
Once I found a pair of car ramps on the side of the road. They must of fell off a trailer or something. I did find a few spares around but none worth having.. I just took the rims for scrap.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:51 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

thats the worst place for a spare, its always a pet peeve of mine to check them everytime i put a truck on the lift at work and 85% of the time they are flat no one ever bothers to check them. also we get trucks towed in due to the crank getting so rusted it doesnt work.

even worse then that is some of the minivans put them in the dead middle of the vehicle and put a plastic cover over them so you cant even access them to air them up without lowering them down.

i got mine in my bed on both my pick up trucks

Old 02-13-2013, 08:48 AM

My cousin had a Chevy astro minivan I had to try and remove the spare from underneith.It was so rusted it was going to budge.I cut the freekin cable and got it down.I keep my spare in the bed of my truck for easy access.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My New Spare! has this happened to you?