Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Super fast tire spinning

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 06:47 PM
branswiss3 is on a distinguished road
Default Super fast tire spinning

last winter after a snow i was driving on a recently paved asfalt one lane road it romped on it i was driving at about 15 mph my back tires clocked at 65 it was fish tailing back and forth very sick love my blazer

Old 09-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Nathan1991 is on a distinguished road

lol welcome to canada 8 months a year

Old 09-26-2009, 06:52 PM
branswiss3 is on a distinguished road

sounds like loads of fun im gona put a dynomax super turbo muffler on it this week any thoughts?

Old 09-26-2009, 08:15 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Enjoy doing that until you get traction all of a sudden and get launched into something you don't want to hit.

Oh, and take pics!

Old 09-26-2009, 11:09 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

before OR after he launches into something?

Old 09-26-2009, 11:58 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
before OR after he launches into something?
Both! lol

Old 09-27-2009, 12:23 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ajbert
both! Lol
x2!, x2!

Old 09-27-2009, 10:33 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Or when he's doing 80 and hits REALLY good traction and shears the splines off an axle.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:16 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

OOO sounds like fun!

Yeah I used to do that but I grew up a little. Now I try to avoid wheel spin because of how hard it can be on the drivetrain.

Good thing it wasn't the Blazer I had for a first vehicle. I know personally when I see a nice car or something rolling by with a good sounding exhaust or nice rims I give him more credit/respect than if he was peeling out next to me showing off. Wheel spin in the winter doesn't mean jack, all season tires don't grip on cold pavement very well... Try doing that with a set of winters, I can't get my Yokohama Geolanders to let go unless I'm in a foot of snow.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:51 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
Or when he's doing 80 and hits REALLY good traction and shears the splines off an axle.
again, X2

Originally Posted by oktain
OOO sounds like fun!

Yeah I used to do that but I grew up a little. Now I try to avoid wheel spin because of how hard it can be on the drivetrain.

Good thing it wasn't the Blazer I had for a first vehicle. I know personally when I see a nice car or something rolling by with a good sounding exhaust or nice rims I give him more credit/respect than if he was peeling out next to me showing off. Wheel spin in the winter doesn't mean jack, all season tires don't grip on cold pavement very well... Try doing that with a set of winters, I can't get my Yokohama Geolanders to let go unless I'm in a foot of snow.
then don't by Blizzak's oktain. don't get me wrong, they work wonders over any A/T or M/T tire, but i can get my Blizzak's to break free if i'm not careful.
i'm probably gonna need new Winter tires this fall-NOT because they're sliding all over the place, they're 3 years old. i was wondering what personal ratings people had regarding these tires;
-Firestone Winterforce (XL)
-Michelin Latitude X-Ice (XL)
oh yeah oktain, what Geolander's are you running? i know they make some killer off-road tires, but i don't think any are for Winter, are they?

Quick Reply: Super fast tire spinning