Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Wasn't my fault this time!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 08:53 PM
mech cb is on a distinguished road

You cant just drop the whole assembly and then turn it?

Old 05-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, I would not even mess with that axle. To fix it properly, it would require more $$ & work than finding another axle and swapping it in.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:39 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Well I really don't have the money to get another axle... and with my luck I wouldn't be able to find another 3.42 so then I'd have to get another front axle... Gah.

But if this ends up not working, I'm just gonna take the axles from the '79 Blazer.

Putting the work into it really isn't an issue, I love working on my truck. As long as I don't destroy myself in the process... which always seems to happen. Heck today I tore open the burn I got when I first broke it...

As soon as I get it completely torn out I'll see if it's really shoved over or what.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:45 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I am just trying to save you time and money. To fix that problem properly, you are likely going to spend more money than a used axle would cost. If you find the same axle as you have now, you can always swap in the gears you have in yours.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:03 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Yeah... I'll see what I can find.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:33 AM

NECROPOST!! lol

Yeah so I'm having hella trouble finding a rear axle. I went to my local Chevy Heaven, as I call his yard lol, today and left a message with the guys wife so maybe I'll get a call about it tomorrow... it'd be a nice Birthday present eh? This guy, no lie, has like 5 Chevy trucks in his back yard. 3 of them Mud truck, his wifes Like 02 'Burban, a '64 or something like that, and his '66 daily driver. Wait that's 6... oh well. He had some axles when I was looking for some when I completely blew out my rear end, so maybe he didn't get rid of them yet.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:45 AM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

as long as you get the same size rear end you can swap the gears over
but i would def replace the rear end now not fix it

Old 06-11-2009, 12:46 PM

Yeah I kinda want to move up to a 12 bolt tho... I seem to be destroying the 10 bolts...

Old 06-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Bah Go all the way to the 14-bolt FF!

Old 06-13-2009, 12:52 AM

That's just way too many lugs for me lol. It'd be nice tho... I wouldn't break that anytime soon lol. but then I'd have different rear rims... dude! That would be awesome!!! lol Hmmm

Quick Reply: Wasn't my fault this time!