Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

24 inch rims advice

Old 01-15-2010, 04:46 PM
blazeron24 is on a distinguished road
Default 24 inch rims advice

i have a 2dr 2000 blazer. it has after market shocks and struts so it sits a little higher. i wanna buy this set of 24s and i wast to put 275/35/r24. will i have to cut or lift it anymore.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:48 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by blazeron24
i have a 2dr 2000 blazer. it has after market shocks and struts so it sits a little higher. i wanna buy this set of 24s and i wast to put 275/35/r24. will i have to cut or lift it anymore.
first of all, shocks do not make your truck sit higher. second, there ain't no freakin' struts on a 2000 Blazer!

and your tire size is equal to a 32" tire, so you're gonna ahve to jack that truck up-alot!

speaking of your truck, you wanna give us some more details?

shop owner: can i help you sir?

customer: yes. i have a truck, and i need new tires.

shop owner: ok. what truck do you own?

customer: a big blue Chevy.

shop owner: ???? ok........a Chevy what?

customer: a Chevy 4x4.

shop owner: ok....a 4x4 what?........

do you get the idea? we got that it's a 2000 2 door Blazer, but is it 2WD? 4WD? does it stand up and do a jig?.................

Old 01-24-2010, 01:48 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you scared him, and if it had hydros or airbags, it might just have cut a little rug! But yeah 4-5 inch lift is my guess for a set-up like that. Either way probley wouldn't have a turning radius of more than 1/2 turn of the steering wheel. My experince with
22's and the 3.5 or 4 inch backspace on a stock 6" BS 92 4x4 blazer. Looked stunning, but it took backing up and pulling foreward 6-7 times to get in a parking spot. They only got run from where I put em on, got a bite to eat, then went home and took them off. About 13 miles, maybe.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:43 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
I think you scared him

i didn't mean too.

i just wanted a bit more inf is all.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:16 PM

You know how it is. Some people post one question, and if the answer is anything but; "Yeah, it'll be fine just bolt them up and start killin'em in traffic!". They never come back if someone asks for more info or says they'll have to do mods like cutting fenders and the such. I mean I know on a 2wd it's possible.

There's a guy with a blue blazer has a vid on youtube and is on s10forum.com, think his loggin is "Firstgenon24's", that has black 24's on a 1st gen s10 blazer, so with the bigger wheel wells on the 2nd gen it is possible. There's another guy on youtube with a 2nd gen blazer laying frame on 24's in the back and 22's up front!

101 POSTS! Finally a starting member instead of new member. And it only took just under a year... Shows I used to never post at all.

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 01-24-2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Grew from new member to starting member.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:47 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
101 POSTS! Finally a starting member instead of new member. And it only took just under a year... Shows I used to never post at all.
nah, you just pick 'n choose your battles.

i, on the other hand, am just overly opinionated.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:10 PM
BeatBox124 is on a distinguished road
Default I have 00 jimmy on 24s :-)

You can fit the 24s no prob, aslong as you get the right off set. and the width of the wheel is a 8.5 not a 9.5 or 10. and as far as tires go you wont be able to put a 35 series tire on there with stock suspension, but a 30 series will fit with no rubb. I work at DiscountTire and i went thru a bunch off different wheels but only like 3-4 actually work with the 4wd. hope this helps.

As far as ride it rides like normal to me, Ive driven it upto 5hrs on one tank. I DOES kill your MPG's tho

Old 01-25-2010, 10:17 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by BeatBox124
You can fit the 24s no prob, aslong as you get the right off set. and the width of the wheel is a 8.5 not a 9.5 or 10. and as far as tires go you wont be able to put a 35 series tire on there with stock suspension, but a 30 series will fit with no rubb. I work at DiscountTire and i went thru a bunch off different wheels but only like 3-4 actually work with the 4wd. hope this helps.

As far as ride it rides like normal to me, Ive driven it upto 5hrs on one tank. I DOES kill your MPG's tho

first, let me say, sharp lookin' Jimmy.

second, where did the rim width comment come from? i don't believe anyone brought it up.

also, that last comment about only 3 or 4 working with a 4WD, do you wanna clarify that a bit? any size tires can work on a 4WD vehicle-so long as they're the same, front & back. whether they'll fit on a vehicle, that's a different thing.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:09 AM
BeatBox124 is on a distinguished road

Thanks. Last time i checked he wanted to know if they wheels and tires would fit! Im pretty sure HE WANTS TO TURN too, if the width of the wheel is wider than 8.5 your tire is gonna hit on the frame before you have the wheel all the way turned.

I was saying unless u want to spend acouple thousand dollars on a "custom made" set of wheels you only have a few 24in wheels to choose from before they cost way too much....

Old 01-26-2010, 11:34 AM

Damn beatbox, I hear ya. Love the two tone with those wheels!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 24 inch rims advice