Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

tire recommendation

Old 01-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Beginning Member
mattd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tire recommendation

I have an 02 LS 4D 2WD, with nearly 70k miles. Still on the original rubber with about 4/32 left. Thinking of replacing soon. Any recommendations? I was thinking of these Michelins...

http://pricing.tirediscounters.com/products/?id=3031

Old 01-09-2009, 08:00 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: tire recommendation

I'm planning on these.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:15 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I have a few stories about some Michelin tires....

cliffnotes: dont buy Michelins.

Id say these...but they might be too aggressive for what youre looking for. I like those Firestones rriddle posted.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe get some of These, along with one of These
and these you can go REALLY play!

seriously, I have always had good luck with Generals and I have been buying them off and on since 1990ish

Old 01-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Beginning Member
TimmiT is an unknown quantity at this point

I have those Firestones on my Toy truck. The in laws put them on there before I bought it. I use that as my daily driver and off-roader for work. I have not gotten stuck, but avoid most deep mud. I have had it out in some and they did pretty well. I do not like the tread wear. I think they are going dowm pretty quickly. Ride is fairly quiet. I wouldnt say they are a bad tire, but I will be replacing them with something else when the time comes.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the recommendations so far. I am not looking for anything agressive, Pretty much keep my ride on pavement. What are you thinking to replace with TimmiT? How quick did they wear?

Old 01-12-2009, 07:21 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

If youre staying on pavement, you pretty much cant go wrong with the Kumho Solus. It replaced the Kumho 795, which I had for about 25k miles (were on the truck when I got it). They had great grip, awesome wet preformance, and lasted a long time. They also have a rediculously long tread life warranty, and the price is good

Old 01-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Beginning Member

Those Kumho's get good reviews. And reasonably priced. Tire discounter has them for $110 a piece, which includes an alignment, lifetime rotation, balancing, etc. However, I have never had an alignment issue on this vehicle from mile 1. Would you steer away from this, fearing they could possibly make it worse?

Tirerack has them for $72 a tire, but then you have shipping, installation, etc. wich would come close to $400. But then this would be no alignment, rotation, etc.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

before I Lifted I had a set of Toyo 800s on it...

also a very good tire

Old 01-18-2009, 06:49 AM
kingpin2210 is an unknown quantity at this point

I changed 17" in RIMs with 265/75-17 AT Brigestone
Are they to big ????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tire recommendation