Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Bolt Pattern?

Old 03-15-2009, 04:43 PM
PVT Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bolt Pattern?

So im looking to find some cheap wheels to make my blazer look better... and heres the drum roll for the really dumb question..... prepare yourself.

Is a 5x120 bolt pattern different than a 5x120.7 bolt pattern? Theres a guy with a beemer thats selling some nice 18's and i want em'.

try to be easy on me =D

Old 03-15-2009, 04:50 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

im not positive but i would think it would be close enough. Since its less then a mm bigger

Old 03-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

they should fit however the problem now is that your studs will not be 100% lined up and could end up with broken studs or even loose a wheel somewere down the road

Old 03-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do not do it!

120mm == 4.724"
120.7mm == 4.752"

That 0.030" difference will cause added stress on your lugs. Not only that, but it is highly likely the lugs will now be carrying all of the weight of the vehicle due to fact that most aftermarket rims are lug centric and not hub centric. A hub centric rim is mainly supported by the hub in the center over which the rim fits tightly. The lugs are there for added strength and obviously to hold the rim onto the hub.

They will likely fit, but they will not be right.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:39 PM

ugh... that's disappointing to hear. Its gonna be hard to pass up a set of 18'' black rims with a chrome lip and decent rubbers. Why does doing it right always have to cost so damn much?? =D

The thing that's weird too is how close the chevy and bmw bolt measurements are... the auto companies should just standardize the 4, 5, 6, and 8 bolt pattern lengths.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:45 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Look into Camaro and Corvette rims as they have the same bolt pattern as our Blazers.

Just a couple of examples:

Attached Thumbnails Bolt Pattern?-picture.jpg   Bolt Pattern?-picture-023.jpg  
Old 03-16-2009, 03:17 AM

Ya the camaro/vette wheels are nice, too bad they cost so damn much. The guy who was gonna sell me those beemer rims only wanted 200 bucks.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:28 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

The vette wheels I posted (the ones on the left) can be found fairly cheap. The Camaro rims on the right tend to be a bit pricey, though.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:23 PM
angelXtreme is on a distinguished road

I have a BMW and a blazer and I tried it. I tried a wheel from my car on the blazer and they do slide right in but as son as you try to torqe the wheel you will notice stress on the studs. I sold the wheels yesterday for that same reason.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Beginning Member
cz8192 is on a distinguished road

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bolt Pattern?