Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Different offset wheels front and back on Bravada

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:17 PM
seattlest is on a distinguished road
Default Different offset wheels front and back on Bravada

Hey new to the forum with a few questions I've been pondering for awhile now. I've got a 2000 Bravada AWD, my question is, would it cause any problem running a different offset wheel in the rear? As we all know the rear axle is more narrow than the front. I seen people run spacers to make up the difference, but what about just the wheel offset to compensate? I mean use a wheel thats the same diameter, width, and tire size just deeper offset to get it to "stick out" a little further in the rear? If that's possible, who makes wheels in multiple offsets? I keep using the word offset but I may mean back spacing I'm not clear to the difference as my only expirience with aftermarket wheels is with wire wheels which it's either std or rev offset choices the bs is the same. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:34 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

It's what.. 3/4"?

Maybe it because it's easier to make a 3/8" spacer than find wheels matched that way.. assuming it really mattered that much AND you gave a ****...

Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 PM
seattlest is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pettyfog
It's what.. 3/4"?

Maybe it because it's easier to make a 3/8" spacer than find wheels matched that way.. assuming it really mattered that much AND you gave a ****...
The purpose would really be for the look. I'm not concerned with the difference but I'm looking into buying some wheels and had that thought.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:28 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by seattlest
The purpose would really be for the look. I'm not concerned with the difference but I'm looking into buying some wheels and had that thought.
I'd just get a set of wheels with backspacing around 4.5.

Don't mess with getting two different pairs of wheels with two different backspacing numbers.

I have the same 'maro wheels on front and back with 4.5 backspacing and they stick out to my needs perfectly. You can't even tell the front sticks out a little more unless you get really close and measure.

For instance:

Look at the wheels. Can you tell that much of a difference. Imo, no...

Old 03-28-2012, 06:51 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Bravada = AWD. As such, I wouldn't recommend running different offset rims as this eliminates the possibility for proper tire rotations without swapping tires around on the rims... Proper tire rotation on an AWD vehicle is quite important. Damage to the transfer case can result from differences in tire diameters even just in the wear difference front to back.