Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

ion 174 wheels backspacing

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 11:46 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by bowshooter1
they show up on my screen lol . ill put them in my albums under new wheels.
they are up now wonder why they didnt show up for you.
Still not showing up for me. Are you using photobucket?

But I finally went to your album. Those bad boys stick out further than what I thought. But I like the aggressive stance. Looks good.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:23 AM
Starting Member
bowshooter1 is on a distinguished road

thanks im at stock height and those are 31s and they fit without any trimming but i rubbed at about half turning so i did the normal cutting the corner of the fenders but i made it where you wouldnt be able to tell i trimmed unless you looked for it. but it does rub when im flexed all the way out but i went and cut donuts in a field near my house and it didnt rub so im happy with how it turned out.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:19 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Yeah it looks awesome.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Starting Member

thanks it looks even better all flexed out

Old 12-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I have 4.5"bs and I love mine but yours just looks freakin sick!!!! I love the wider stance. Just make sure you get a lifetime warranty on your wheel bearings. I have had to replace one already and I have only had my wheels on a couple months. Now I don't care if they go bad its just a little time out of my day at work and a quick trip to the parts store.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Starting Member

thanks i think it looks sick too and thanks for the wheel bearing tip, have you worn out anything else like baljoints or cv's ive heard it puts alot of stress on everything. by the way urs looks pretty sick too

Old 12-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

All of my ball joints and bushings in the front are bad but they were bad before the wheels. I am in the process of getting all of the new parts in line and I'm going to do a complete rebuild of the front end hopefully in the next month. I am buying everything Moog and Energy suspension with lifetime replacement. It costs alot more now but I have a feeling it will save alot over time if they ever go bad. I haven't had any issues with the cv's yet but I am going to do shackles and t-bar once my front end is healthy. I plan on buying at least one spare cv just to have in the truck at all times after that. That to will have lifetime replacement as will my alignment.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Starting Member

that sounds like a good idea but i plan on eventually doing a sas so i dont know if i wanna spend the extra money on lifetime warranty.

on a side note i just took off my front sway bar and it feels awesome i feel like i have so much more controll of the vehichle the rear has been off for about 3 weeks

Old 12-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

I want to do a SAS myself but that won't be for a few years as it is my daily driver right now and with a baby due in a couple weeks I need to have it in tip top shape to haul him around. And to add to it we are in the process of finding a new SUV for my wife since she has a Mustang GT convertable and its not at all baby friendly. Please be sure to get up pics when you get around to doing the SAS. Have you started getting parts and plans together yet?

Old 12-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Starting Member

i been planing it since i got the truck and i would have already started but i got in a crash and all my money has been going into fixing it but after i paint it and do shackles and a tbar tweak im gonna start getting stuff for it and my friend is giving me a rear axle

just though i would post this picture i think it makes the wheels look even better lol

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-30-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond. Rules are rules.

Quick Reply: ion 174 wheels backspacing