Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Popped my Blazer cherry

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 08:17 PM
DFYNT is on a distinguished road
Default Popped my Blazer cherry

Hey guys! First thank you all for being so active throughout the years on here I've been reading through the posts for a week or two trying to gather as much information as possible.

With th that being said there is a LOT of information here lol so I'm a little overwhelmed. So please forgive me for asking a rookie question that I'm sure I've probably read the answer to a hundred times here.

Just picked up a 2000 Blazer LT 4dr 4x4. I hate the look currently as the back wheels sit inward from the body so much compared to the front. I don't plan to buy a lift but maybe just 1 or 2 turns on the torsion bar I did read about the risk and load that could cause. What I would like to do is just change the wheel and tire set up to get the desired look. Sounds like 30s are probably my safest height without any rub or at least minimal rub. But I'd really like someone to tell me exactly what this look requires wheel/tire wise. There's so many sizes and widths and the back spacing and I've read so much I think I've confused myself more.

How do i achieve this look (minus lifting and only going as big as 30s)

BTW if any of these belong to one of you 👏🏼👏🏼 Great look

Old 12-27-2016, 05:50 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Any aftermarket wheel is pretty much going to push the tires out. Stock backspacing on these is 6 inches, usually the most backspacing you can find on aftermarket is about 4.5 inch. That'll push the wheels out 1.5 inch. The less backspacing on the aftermarket rims, the further they will push out the tires. Mind you that with 30s the lower backspacing may mean you rub even more than you would have just by keeping the stock rims.

Old 12-27-2016, 06:01 PM
DFYNT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Thogert
Any aftermarket wheel is pretty much going to push the tires out. Stock backspacing on these is 6 inches, usually the most backspacing you can find on aftermarket is about 4.5 inch. That'll push the wheels out 1.5 inch. The less backspacing on the aftermarket rims, the further they will push out the tires. Mind you that with 30s the lower backspacing may mean you rub even more than you would have just by keeping the stock rims.

Thank you. Today I ended up picking up General Grabber AT2 31x10.5 tires and black steel wheels from National Tire & Wheel at 15x8 5x4.75. Should sit nice and wide and decently high. Might need the torsion crank to be rub free but a lift kit is planned over the next few weeks anyway so I'm not too worried