Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Rim fitment

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 04:00 PM
83chevyridin is on a distinguished road
Default Rim fitment

Ok guys, I've been searching Google for 2 days on this and I have found some very useful info but nobody with my specific problem. I bought my 03 Blazer 2wd from a buddy who broke the rear end somehow and replaced it with a 4wd rear end. He was unaware of the width difference apparently. Everything has been working great but now I'm looking into lowering it and guess what? the stock 2wd rims stick out past the wheel wells and it is going to create problems with suspension travel and possibly the drop itself depending on how low i go. My blazer is stock suspension wise up front so I have no problems there. I have found that Corvette/Camaro rims will fit the lug pattern but some people say to try to get 4 front rims or I will need spacers. I know that stock 2wd rear ends need spacers but does the 4wd? I want the rims to have the same stance front and back and not rub the fenders in the rear when going over bumps. What year rims and rim size can i use to achieve this? (if any). Sorry for the lengthy post but I really need help with this. Im gonna attach some pics to show the rear tires sticking out how they are now. Thanks for any help

Attached Thumbnails Rim fitment-tire.jpg   Rim fitment-rear-tire.jpg   Rim fitment-rear-truck.jpg  
Old 04-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Beginning Member
LioNiNoiL is on a distinguished road

It seems like your best option is to get the 4WD rear wheels that have about 2-inch less backspacing, which the Corvette/Camaro wheels do not have.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:29 AM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road

What size tires are on there now?
Stock 4wd wheels have about 6" backspacing, whereas 2wd have about 4"; so they are going to put the wheels out from under the fender. Just get 4wd wheels for the rear and you should be fine. In fact, the 4wd wheels will have the rear track a bit narrower than the front which is why many put spacers on the rears....to bring the tires out.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:10 PM
83chevyridin is on a distinguished road

The tires I have on there now are 235/70R15. Thanks for the replies, are the 4wd rims different front and rear in the backspacing? This sounds like the best option for me right now but they are kind of ugly lol. I will do anything to get this Blazer lowered, I cant stand the stock stance. time to do some searching for stock 4wd rims and what size tires im going to need to put on them. I would guess that I'd need to go a bit smaller than stock 4wd tires possibly. Not sure though so Google here I come. Thanks again