Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

The right wheels? more than 1 opinion please

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 09:35 PM
jdblazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The right wheels? more than 1 opinion please

OK my 1994 is stock and you all know that the front wheels stick out 3/4" more than the back and that the stock rims have a backspace of 6". So if I buy a set of AR rims with a backspace of 4", this will push my wheels out 2" right? But I will still have the 3/4" problem. I don't think they offer 3/4" spacers and I can't find black steel wheels with more backspacing. HEEEELLLLP ME if you can!!** I like the look of the black steel wheels, I want all 4 of my wheels to stick out equally but not too far.........I will also be doing a Tbar crank and rear shackles (if I can ever find them) Thanks in advance

Old 11-20-2007, 09:55 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: The right wheels? more than 1 opinion please

I believe that they will make whatever size spacer you need, it will just cost more. what people tend to do is get a 2.25" spacer for the rear and a 1.5" spacer for the front using the stock rims. So I would order 2 black rims with 4.5" backspacing for the front and 3.25" backspacing for the rear. I still think that you can get 3/4" spacers somewhere I am just not sure where.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:01 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

these have 4" backspacing

these have 4.5" backspacing

mount the first set on the rear wheels and mount the second set on the front wheels. to tell you the truth, i think the width difference is barely noticeable.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:04 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Not a bad idea to mount different BS wheels from front to back until you go to rotate your tires and you have to unmount and re-mount tires on wheels to get proper rotation.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:15 PM

The rotation thing bugs me too. I don't think they offer 3/4' spacers because the mounting nuts are thicker than 3/4'. they must require a certain thickness for a mounting surface in order to be considered 'safe'. I noticed on the specs for the wheel with 4.5" of backspace that the offset is +12.00mm. What exactly is the offset? Thanks

NEED MORE INPUT!!! I'M SURE SOMEONE ELSE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM

Old 11-21-2007, 07:03 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked around this section at all??? There have been plenty of threads detailing the measurements on rims... Heck, even a quick google search would yeild you plenty of answers.

If you want to even things up, you'll have to get the minimum thickness spacer (1" if I remember correctly), then get 3/4" thicker spacers for the back.

If you can only find rims with 4" backspacing, you are definitely going to run into problems with running spacers. Not only would you have some steering interference issues, but you would be putting quite a bit more stress on the wheel bearings.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:34 PM

Yes I read a lot of threads before I asked the questions soI wouldn'twaste anyones time.
I don't want a lot of added stress on my bearings so I think Millertime21 has a good idea; he has the same rims that I am going to buy with 4" BS but he is thinking obout adding 1" spacers to the back and calling it good. So far this makes the most sense.