Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

which rim do u like?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 08:59 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default which rim do u like?

I am thinking of getting some rims. I would get them from Pep-Boys after I open up a charge card. Payments are low so I can afford them and I can build some credit since I have none. I took pics and photoshopped them on my blazer to decide. Which one looks the best. I like the 3rd rim, but it might be a little too much.

I was looking to get something in black. They only have one all black, the second one. The second and the third have center capse where the first one does not. The third are my favorite, but I need some advice. I want to lower the back down a bit to level with the front cause I dont need or use the trailer hitch so I don't need the @$$ in air if u know what I mean.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:21 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: which rim do u like?

if i was given a choice i would go with the second, but honestly i dont like any of them.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:26 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I'd go with the 3rd. I've seen those rims before and that photoshop just doesn't do it justice

Good call on building credit...gotta start somewhere...why not start with rims

Old 07-07-2008, 10:59 AM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

i don't like any of those rims.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Starting Member
KA3AX is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah same here... looks rice to me! try something simpler.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

3rd one

Old 07-07-2008, 05:00 PM
coplinb is an unknown quantity at this point

none, sorry.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:37 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

When I bought my truck, my folks had to help me get the 4 year financing deal with the bank since I have no credit. They told me to get a store card and make a purchase and pay it off to build credit. I figured I wnted rims, and this would be a good way to go about it. Plus having a Pep-Boys card, they have a full service garage so if anything ever goes wrong that is a little pricey, I can use the card and pay it off alittle at a time instead of all at once with cash like I have always done. Already have gotten a radiator (pricey) and a fuel pump (got lucky and got 400 under the table yet still pricey). I agree the photoshop doesn't do justice, you should see these in the store. I wanted to go with something with black since my truck is all black. I'll see if I can find better pictures, I checked the pep-boys website and the page doesn't come up when I click on painted/machined wheels. Here's the pics I took in the store with my cell camera to do the photoshop job. You can get a little better picture of the rims.

Here's #1 ($130 each)

#2 ($173 each)

#3 ($692 for four)

Prices listed are for 17's. 20's are more. They are also running a tire special right now of buy three get the fourth free. So, with say #3, 4 rims and 4 Hankook 245/45ZR17 XL tires would be around a grand total. Payments on the rims are $35 a month with a zero balance on the credit card, so plus tires would probably be around $45 a month which I could definitely swing. I know the third ones in the pic are 6 bolt, I would find out if they make 5 bolt for the blazer. Store sign says most trucks and SUV's.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:57 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Anything non-riveted you are interested in?

Old 07-07-2008, 07:42 PM

Those are the only three black ones they have on display. I am going to see if there is anything I can order they have in a catalog or something. I saw some online they didn't have out, but they must have more than that.

Quick Reply: which rim do u like?