Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Zr2 and lift kits

Old 08-22-2010, 09:46 PM
petethepig24 is on a distinguished road
Default Zr2 and lift kits

Hey guys I need your help. I have looked on the forum for this question and all that I found was for a 4Door blazer. I hate to ask a question that has been asked a bunch of times but here goes. Is there a kit to make my 2002 2 DOOR 4wd blazer the ZR2? I read that the 4 door blazer couldn't because it is about 5 inch longer hub to hub. I dont know if there were any other reasons why...

And my other question is where can i find a 4inch suspension lift kit (not the air lifts)? All I can find is 2 inch...way to small... Thanks in advance

Old 08-22-2010, 10:01 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Just type in lift in the search an there should be a full list of lifts.

As for making you blazer a ZR2. Its not just as easy as installing a lift. The ZR2's have Independent Front Suspension, along with smaller issues like bilstein off-road shocks, fender flares that don't fit normal blazer unless you use the whole fender and/or quarter panel.

Its much easier to just buy a lift and call it your own! Good luck tho!

Old 08-22-2010, 10:56 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

like zedartwo said. you cant make a standard blazer a ZR2. They have different frames, suspension, fenders, and rear quarters. For lifting it do a search. There is a whole list of options for you. There is not a 4in lift. You can do a 2in bodylift and crank the tbars 1.5in and put shackles in the back.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Beginning Member
bdbrissette is on a distinguished road

Like all the others have said there is no way to make ur blazer a Zr2, they also have a wider track width, and differant brackets on the frame. the only real lift kit is the 2" lift, but it screws up the suppension alignment on the front because you are just jacking up the front torsion bars. I have found, I think it was a 5", but it converts the IFS to a solid axle four link design. It all depends on just how much work you want to do.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:22 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, if he has a 2nd gen like the 2002, he could do a body lift and shackles and tbar tweak like NVANSEE said. Then get some ZR2 rims and 31x10.50's and the decals if he really wanted. A true blazer enthusiest would know that it wasn't real, espically with it being a 4 door, but the average person would'nt really notice a whole lot I figure. Just a thought if you REALLY like the look of the ZR2's.

I'd just lift it and do your own thing like Zed said.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:35 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Please don't try to make a ZR2 clone. Nothing worse in the auto hobby IMHO than clones that the owner tries to pass off as the real thing.

As has been said, build it to be your own and don't try to pass it off as a ZR2. Anyone who knows a ZR2 will call you on it.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:42 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

you could always go with the 5 inch trailmaster lift if you are only looking for a suspension lift

Old 08-23-2010, 05:01 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by AJBert
Anyone who knows a ZR2 will call you on it.
Not always true. lol The only way to tell mine isnt a ZR2 is if you look at the rpo codes.

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
you could always go with the 5 inch trailmaster lift if you are only looking for a suspension lift
Theres also the 6in superlift. If your spending the money you might as well just spend a few hundred more for the 6in. You will regret it if you dont

Old 08-23-2010, 05:59 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

this is true. and Did they make any zr2 pickups with just the single cabs? or the ones that I saw are they just look alikes?

Old 08-23-2010, 09:25 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Only extended cabs benedict. 4 doors were the zr5 which was just appearance package. Makes me wonder why there was no zr5 blazer/jimmy was that the z85? or was that something different yet? hmmm. Google!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Zr2 and lift kits