Website Problems and Suggestions Need help using the website? Ask here. Have a suggestion to make us better? Tell us here.

Old post editing

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 12:56 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about
Default Old post editing

With the recent changes to photobucket, would it be possible to allow editing of old posts so we can go and fix all the broken images in the threads. I know other forums don't have an edit time limit.

There's no way I'm paying photobucket $400 a year, but would be nice to fix my threads.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have to see what IB can do about this. I cannot change the 'Time Limit on Editing of Posts' option. I will see if they can setup a new usergroup that will give you guys the ability to edit your old posts.

It does suck that PB has gone the way that it has. I have way too much there, but have been slowly moving everything over onto the forum itself, but that is not without risks. IB has fairly stringent server control & backup though so I am not as worried about losing things as I used to be having lost pretty much everything on the forum at least once since I've been a member.

I will let you know what they come up with as soon as I hear back.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Jared, try it now. The time limit has been lifted which should allow you to edit any of your old posts.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:17 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

That's awesome! I was wondering the same a while back...

I don't worry too much about the post photo editing myself, been a long enough customer (I use to actually have a yearly plan when I moderated a Toyota forum simply for the monthly bandwidth upgrade) that without paying a dime any more, they gave me a plan they don't even offer any more, a +20 GB, and for some reason they also threw in an extra +11.5gb, so with the initial 2gb they give you with a free account, I have a randomly sized 33.5gb of storage on PB lol. But being able to edit an old post is nice since every once in a while it's nice to be able to add in some more info that you may have left out at the time.

Last edited by blazen_red_4x4; 07-11-2017 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:05 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Thanks! Now for the painful process of fixing everything lol

Old 07-13-2017, 08:00 PM
Administrator

I'm not sure what good it will do, but someone started a Petition to get Photobucket to reverse it's decision.

My stuff is safe until the end of next year, but I currently pay $25/yr for what I have. There's no way in hell I'll be paying $400 to keep the service they provide (at dwindling capabilities I might add).

Old 07-15-2017, 08:01 AM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

theres plenty of other free sites out there but you have to wonder how long til they do the same thing a few years down the road. i been using imgur since pb decided to suck, so far so good.