Website Problems and Suggestions Need help using the website? Ask here. Have a suggestion to make us better? Tell us here.

Search in User CP

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 08:32 PM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough
Default Search in User CP

I just wanted to suggest that the advanced search include a selection where you could search only posts in your User CP. If it is there, apologies, I must have missed it.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:28 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Search only for your own posts?

If so, click on your own username at the top right. Then click in the statistics tab, then click either find all your posts or find all threads started.

If not, please explain more.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:31 PM

Apologies for not being more clear. My suggestion has to do with the subscribed threads only in the User CP, as well as the folders that I create in the CP. Some I have commented on...some I have just subscribed to because it is an excellent thread. By subscribing to the threads, it really narrows down when you run into a problem and you know you subscribed to a thread that would help out (a thread with a real golden nugget). Even with Advanced Search (from what I can see) you cannot search those threads only. So even though I may have subscribed to a great thread that gives me a solution, when I search I'm going to end up searching an entire Open Forum at a minimum. Then I have to wade thru potentially hundreds of threads...which is not practical.

In my User CP I have several folders for major items (i.e. Engine, Transmission, etc). I am subscribed to a couple hundred threads...some just because I commented, some because I subscribed but did not comment. If the Advanced Search would allow me to search only those subscribed folders in my User CP, my search would only turn up a couple threads. Much more practical to go thru those for the specific solution I am looking for.

Once again, I apologize if that function is already there....I just can't seem to find it in the Advanced Search.

Old 04-12-2014, 03:17 PM

One thing I also noticed I should be clear on is there is a "Search Subscriptions Forums" selection in Advanced Search. But that doesn't search the Subscribed Threads in the User CP. The message I get back states I am not currently subscribed to any forums.

Though I can narrow many threads down by adding my username to the criteria, I have many that I don't comment on that I just subscribed to and put in a folder in the User CP. So, the suggestion is to have a selection in the Advanced Search function (or maybe a search capability within the User CP) to search "Subscribed Threads" within the User CP. Can this be done?

Thanks!