Website Problems and Suggestions Need help using the website? Ask here. Have a suggestion to make us better? Tell us here.

Signature Image?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 07:55 AM
Starting Member
9Blazer6 is on a distinguished road
Default Signature Image?

I'm pretty new to the forum and i was reading the HOW-TO and wasnt sure if i missed the section on how to upload pictures to your posts like you have? How does it show up every time and how did you get it animated?

Last edited by swartlkk; 05-17-2011 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Added link to the Image Posting FAQ after splitting this question out into a thread of it's own.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That is called a signature image and is accessible through your User CP. In the case of my signature image, it is an animated gif file that someone created for me. The Chop Shop has the rules/requirements pertaining to signatures as well as some threads where members are offering their talent to build signature images for folks.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Starting Member
9Blazer6 is on a distinguished road

What do you mean through my User CP? is that under my account on BF where i can use a bbcode?

Old 05-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

CP = control panel. User CP is the title of the link that is located in the menu bar near the top of every page. It is the left most link in the bar. You can also access your user control panel by CLICKING HERE.

In there, you will find a list of available option pages where you can edit various profile settings. In the third group down on the left side of the screen is 'Settings & Options' group which contains the Edit Signature link. Click on that and you will be presented with your signature options.

Remember, before you put an image and/or text into your signature, what you include in there must comply with the signature rules.

BTW, I have moved this into a new thread of it's own so that others can benefit if they have the same question.