1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

1989 blazer/wheres the fuel filter ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Beginning Member
4uzindian is on a distinguished road
Default 1989 blazer/wheres the fuel filter ?

it looks like the fuel filter is behind the power sterring pump . is this the fuel filter?

Old 04-10-2013, 06:40 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

89 Fuel filter is on the drivers side frame rail about 2 or 3 feet forward of the rear axle.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

it should be on the frame like Mr. Vls said. but its on the inside. you will need to jack up the driver side and crawl under there and look from the inside out. its a little cylinder with 1 line going in and 1 line coming out. it will look something similar to this.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:59 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Yupper, grab your 17mm and 15mm wrenches. Crack both sides loose before you undo the clamp. Careful not to round off the fittings or you can be in for a world of hurt when you cant get em tight enough. May wish to invest in a cheap set of "line wrenches" they are like normal wrenches but shaped like a "U" to grab 5 sides instead of 2 like a normal wrench.

Blow through the old one to see how clogged up she was. A good fuel filter is like blowing through a straw.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Beginning Member
Default blazer fuel filter

thank's for answer. but " again i ask is this thing behind my power steering pump that looks like a fuel filter is the fuel filter .?

Old 04-11-2013, 07:05 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

They already answered your question, Its along the drivers side frame rail (on the inside of the frame rail, pretty much under the front door

Old 04-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Beginning Member
Default blazer fuel filter

if you are right than what is tis thing behind my power steeering pump that has a fuel lin coming out of it that goes to the tbs unit ?

Old 04-12-2013, 03:14 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I am not sure on that, but the fuel filter IS located along the inside of the frame rail on the drivers side, almost below the drivers door. Why dont you walk outside, and look under the truck...?
and get a photo of what is behind the power steering pump.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

yeah, i would like to see what is behind your power steering pump. i had an 89 pick up with the 4.3l and i pulled the motor out about 3 times and there wasnt anything behind my power steering pump beside the hoses. please post a pic and then we will have a better idea of what you are asking about.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:23 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Twip
yeah, i would like to see what is behind your power steering pump. i had an 89 pick up with the 4.3l and i pulled the motor out about 3 times and there wasnt anything behind my power steering pump beside the hoses. please post a pic and then we will have a better idea of what you are asking about.
yeah pics help. its very possible that could be your fuel filter, who knows what the previous owner did when he owned it, maybe the lines in the back broke and he patched it and moved the filter up under the hood

Quick Reply: 1989 blazer/wheres the fuel filter ?