1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

4.3 CPI "W", pictures of replacement process for injector

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Scott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 4.3 CPI "W", pictures of replacement process for injector

Wow, great info. This repair cost me $800 in 2003.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:03 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 93 Blazer intake, with upper plenum removed.

ORIGINAL: ShadowHawk

I'll take picture of the process and do a little write up with them. In the Plenum picture, the fuel inlet (pressure) line is the line towards the outside of the plenum, the pinhole is just beyond where the plastic line attaches, shooting horizontal towards the outer wall of the plenum (the cleaner spot in the upper left corner). For those that do not know this, there are two drain hole in the lower plenum, one on each side. In my situation, fuel accumulates over that read plenum bolt until it crests the hump, then flows to the center where the hole is and over loads the left rear two cylinders with fuel, causing the rough idle and strong gas smell. When the regulator leaks, it runs right down the center where the hole is on the right side of the lower plenum and feeds directly into the front two cylinders on the right bank. These two drain holes are not visible in my photo. The hole on the right bank faces towards the firewall, the hole on the left bank faces the front of the vehicle, directly to the left of the middle lower plenum bolt.
Okay now.. This is VERY interesting... Tell me - what engine do you have? Is it a Vortec V6? That sounds a LOT like my symtoms that I've been having, and when I changed my plugs today, I noticed that Cyls 2, 4, 6 (all the passenger side of the engine) were ALL carbon fouled. Would this be something common to that side of the engine that would cause that in all 3 cylinders?

Thanks,
Rex S.
('95 Blazer 4.3 4Dr, 2WD Auto)
i had ur exact same problem! rough idle too right? w/ strong smell of sulfur from the exhaust? ya whats wrong is inside the plenum (as u can see from the previous posted pic of it) the plasic fuel lines inside the plenum r leaking fuel and dropping fuel into the driver side cylinders with too much fuel. the fuel lines only come from the dealer and run about $50 if i rem right. its pretty easy to replace just a lil time consuming. took me 2 days but that was cuz i needed to buy a locking torque wrench or something instead of the regular torque wrench it has a hole in the center like locking lugs to unlock it. its not to hard if u have any questions just send me a pm or post up on here

EDIT: ya its called a tamper proof torque u'll need

Old 02-08-2008, 03:06 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 93 Blazer intake, with upper plenum removed.

ORIGINAL: 93LT

Just refer tot he picture for text.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1233/F558CACFFD0E496B82B9CEB5528FBBC4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1233/4E9295414AB841D38A7F33AF6A4304E0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1233/A3433DE495C94839AC90B93401116626.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1233/3B851BCEBB934F5B854F5CE358B0E5CA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1233/5D9847B3F3914147BAB51C676824BD90.jpg[/IMG]
sry didnt read the whole thread when i posted but ya this is exactly what i had to do cept i only had to replace the white plastic fuel lines inside the plenum

Old 04-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Starting Member
bertrenolds has a little shameless behavior in the past

Is it bad that I dident put the clip on the fuel lines and tons of fuel drained into my engine and now it won't even turn over? Do I have to change the oil or rip apart the engin to fix this problem?

Old 04-14-2008, 07:39 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

So you didn't put the clip onto the lines where they go into the spider body??

You definitely need to change the oil and filter. Hopefull you didn't hurt the lines. Were the lines new when you installed them or were you reinstalling old lines? Old lines are very difficult to seal up.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Starting Member
bertrenolds has a little shameless behavior in the past

Sorry for multi post, I hadent heard anything and was getting anxious about possible damage I did to my truck. You can delete themif you like, I just wanted to know if I had to rip my engine apart now.
Thanks for you help swartlkk

Old 04-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You have one post on this already. No need to double post in someone elses thread.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:44 AM
Beginning Member
latunguley is on a distinguished road

Ok? Uhm this is great! Gota give all you guys credit for this information above. But? The problem i'm having is i had a buddy here tonight helping me reinstall a new used 4.3 v-6 motor intoa 1995 S-10 Blazer 4x4 and we threaded the smaller fuel line right into the rear of the plenum. The much larger fuel line after two hours and bending the fuel line in every angle we still didn't get the nut to thread into the rear hole? Now we tried a seperate old pinched off nut with about 3/4 of an inch sticking out the nut and it hand threaded right into that larger hole. So now we know for sure that the threads are in great condition inside the hole. But its visable to the naked eye that the threads on the fuel lines nut are less than perfect. If i could find a way to know what size thread is on the larger fuel line nut i'd make a call to Car Quest Auto Parts in the morning first thing and have the proper sized die dropped off here at my garage and re-thread the larger nut. Only problem is i've searched the internet over and over and theres not much out here on the 1994-95 Spider injected type of fuel line connecting to the rear of the plenum?? If anyone has attemped this simialr matter please feel free to contact me asap. Thanks to everyone here and hope to see much more helping hands around the world helping us out with our S-10 Blazer issues. I personally own a 2000 S-10 Blazer LS 4x4, 4-Door. I have slowly been adapting it over to the worlds first (Z-R4) Going to have the Spare tIre Carrier and all in the near future.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:30 AM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

this is a good tread to subscibe to!

Old 10-31-2009, 02:11 PM
Beginning Member
latunguley is on a distinguished road

Ok, After much research and hudge pain in my but i found out that the fuel line i was having trouble with was in fact 16X1.50mm and so i bought a new tap set from harbor freight that contained the 16mm tap and die. Set goes up to 24mm tap and die. Cost me just under a hundred bucks. I rethreaded the fuel line by unscrewing the chrome handles from the die holder and simply using a 16mm craftsman wrench to turn the fuel line nut into the die backwards at first then flipping die over and cutting the threads back into shape. It went right into the plenum after that.

Quick Reply: 4.3 CPI "W", pictures of replacement process for injector