1st Gen S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation s-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

89 blazer

Old 07-22-2016, 03:16 PM
Starting Member
Blazstro is on a distinguished road
Default 89 blazer

OK I have a 89 blazer with no eng trans or motor mounts
Got a junk astro with 9200 miles it uses rubber mount on frame with clamshell on engine can I just mount it using these or need other mounts. The ones I've seen for the 4.3 are different. Which makes no sense
Thanks

Old 07-22-2016, 05:59 PM
Racer_X is on a distinguished road

Motor mounts are pretty much chassis specific. These engines were used in the S/T series trucks and SUV's, some of the vans and even some of the full sized pickup trucks. Each chassis uses different mounts to hold the engine to the frame.

"Standard grade" rubber motor mounts for these trucks are only ~$5 each online. The transmission mount isn't much more. Get the mounts that fit your vehicle. Polyurethane mounts are much pricier, and last longer.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:14 PM
Starting Member
Blazstro is on a distinguished road

That's obvious what I am asking is
The 4.3 in the astro mounts like most
SBC. Now the blazer shows a different mount
Which to me the style from astro should work
They are like the pads for a 2.8 in which there are 2.8 to 4.3 mounts sold by jtr
They are adjustable like the sbc swap
Mounts. I was looking for a answer that someone might have used the clamshells that mount on engine with pads on the frame

Last edited by Blazstro; 07-22-2016 at 07:17 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.