1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

94 blazer Fuel Pump Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Beginning Member
i3lomeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 94 blazer Fuel Pump Problems

Whats up, new to the forum here. I have a 94 Blazer 4.3l Vortec W engine code. When I turn on the Ignitions the fuel pump wont kick on. No sound or anything from the pump. So I went ahead and change the fuel pump because this problem happend before and was fix with a new fuel pump. New fuel pump same problem, it wont turn on. According to Chilton manual it says bypass the relay to force the Pump on. Which worked, fuel pump runs and the engine will start. Chilton says if the Fuel Pump turns on when bypassed the relay is bad. So i just got back from the parts store with a new relay and still has the same issue. Does anyone have any Ideas what I should check next or what Im missing.

I used a multimeter to check for power to the Fuel Pump. It has power, the only other thing I can think of right off hand is to check the ground wire. Its a little loose so I plan on re grounding it in the morning to see if that Helps.

Anyone have any other Ideas Im willing to try anything.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Beginning Member
i3lomeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 94 blazer Fuel Pump Problems

Well even though Ive had no replys. I wanted to post my solution for fixing my fuel pump and to give a piece of advice that could be time saving. Please dont be like me and replace all the parts in question before changing a simple fuse. 15a ECM fuse was blow which made my fuel pump not work.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:48 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 94 blazer Fuel Pump Problems

I think we have all had something like that happen to ourselves at one time or another. Couldn't see the trees because the forest was in the way. At least otherscan benefit from your thread. Thanks for the heads up on the fuse!

Old 03-07-2009, 05:24 PM
fireman/1st is an unknown quantity at this point

where is the fuse and what is it labeled ? i can't find a fuel pump fuse,thanks.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:47 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Left side of dash, inside glove box, underhood, different places...depends on your year.

Old 03-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Beginning Member
JohnBoy is on a distinguished road

I replaced the fuel pump on my blazer, same year and model, about two years ago and it went out again on me about 2 weeks ago. After replaced everything worked fine but I noticed a faint "whirring" or "buzz" sound coming from the gas tank area, which grew louder. Now this morning it started and ran for a little while in my parking garage and then I turned it off and it wouldn't start again. And no pump noise in the back. Do I need to change the fuse or what? I just moved to LA and don't know any mechanics and would rather not have to take it in anywhere anyway.

Any advice is appreciated!

Old 03-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

JohnBoy, what brand of pump did you use? It is like playing Russian Roulette with anything but AC Delco pumps.

Old 03-21-2009, 01:07 AM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

i had replaced my fuel pump its a AC Delco and my truck is the same year and engine and i have the "whirring" or "buzz" as you called it and i have not had any problems with it so far, not sure if that's just how the AC Delco's are but it works fine

Old 03-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

If you did not replace the wiring inside your tank when you did the new pump, run a continuity check on the wires between the pump and sending unit I have seen these break inside the insulation resulting in no power reaching the pump. This is not common but I have seen it enough times I don't chance it anymore I just replace them when i do the pump to be safe (took me a week to chase down the problem the first time i ran into this issue)