1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

94 blazer that will not start

Old 01-27-2009, 10:37 PM
charlesadkins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 94 blazer that will not start

ok so i bought this 94 blazer the guy said it need s a new fuel pump when we get there we spray some starting fluid in it and it starts up i let it run for about 20 mins then drive it on to the trailer drive about 40 mins home get in it it starts up first try and i drive it off the trailer then the next day i go out start it up with starting fluid agian it starts then pull it in the barn and let it sit for a day or two then go out to work on it and it wont start at all so i replaced the fuel filter then the fuel pump and the sending unit and the spark plugs and still nothing at all still acts like it isnt getting gas

Old 01-27-2009, 10:52 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 94 blazer that will not start

Start by running the standard fuel pressure test as described many times here and report back with the figures.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:02 PM

is that located on the back by the cap ??

Old 01-28-2009, 12:03 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

94 so ill assume its the cpi version since tbi was extremely rare that year should be a shrader valve on the fuel line in the vicinity of the backside of the manifold hook the fuel pressure test gauge to that and let us know the numbers you get, engine off key on see what the pressure reads and how fast it drops when the pump turns off. (If you want more detail search for fuel pressure test on these forums or take a look at the related threads listed at the bottom of this page)

Old 01-29-2009, 08:40 PM

ok so i ran a test on it and the first time it read 20 psi then i redid it 3 times and each time it read 15 psi and would drop to 0 everytime with out the key on

Old 01-29-2009, 09:49 PM

you have an leak somewhere thats not even in the same ballpark as the pressure your engine requires to start. Id start by removing the vortec cover on top of the upper plenum (2 screws) and the round plug right below that (again, 2 screws) then take a look inside if the passenger side looks clean you have a bad fuel pressure regulator if the driver side looks clean the spider and/or nut kit is leaking.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:13 PM

ok where is the fuel pressure regulator?

Old 01-30-2009, 09:53 AM

inside the upper plenum on passenger side which is why I suggested removing the plastic cover and round plug so you can see inside to verify which side is clean.
(FPR is the round piece on the left half in this picture)

If you verify the fpr or spider is in fact leaking take a look at the link below my sig for more info on the repair.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:19 PM

well i just called the parts store and they sold me the wrong pump they sold me one for a onvortec but how much psi would a onvortec need

Old 01-30-2009, 01:22 PM

how much for that part u had to buy???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 94 blazer that will not start