1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

AC air flow sucks

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 10:21 AM
mojoala is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AC air flow sucks

Air flow sucks even after replacing the blower.

Any ideas?

Old 08-14-2007, 09:34 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: AC air flow sucks

sounds like the divertor door is stuck. Do you have a vacuum noise in he dash? Do all your HVAC settings work? In other words when you put the air on hte windshield it moves up there, or on the floor it moves down there?

Old 09-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Campesino is an unknown quantity at this point

As my problem is very similar to his I didn't want to create a new thread. But My AC is acting very strange and hopefully someone can come across this with words of wisdom. The airflow in the vents is aweful, and I notice that even if I have my AC completely off I can feel air blowing out of the vents by my feet. This airflow at my feet changes with the speed of my truck so air is getting in from the outside. I can also feel this speed induced airflow when the heater is on. Any ideas on what could be causing this? The divertor door was mentioned, is this a possible problem?

Old 09-07-2007, 11:06 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the site.
There are at lest one setting to allow outside air into the cab of the truck. Sounds like yours is open. Check the owners manual to see which setting(s) allow vent air in.

Year of truck helps a bunch.
Some model years are prone to the vacuum switch failing and allowing t-case fluid to infiltrate the HVAC system.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Campesino is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, I see. Well hopefully if that is the problem it won't be too tough to fix. I've got all the books for the truck and will start going through to see if there is anything I can come up with from them. Its a '92 S10-Blazer 4.3L TBI.

Thanks for the help.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:24 PM
BF Veteran

The good news is yours isn't one of ones that typically suffers from failing vacuum switches in teh t-case.

The bad news is that doesn't fix your problem.

Keep the conversation going and maybe someone else will chime in and help out.