Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/1st-generation-s-series-1983-1994-tech-40/)
-   -   Any able to help out a fellow blazer owner i have a 1991 s10 blazer 4x4 (https://blazerforum.com/forum/1st-generation-s-series-1983-1994-tech-40/any-able-help-out-fellow-blazer-owner-i-have-1991-s10-blazer-4x4-99720/)

CodyhasABlazer 06-09-2019 02:46 PM

Hey just wanted to ask some questions and get feed back

So I have a 1991 blazer and ive had it for 2 years i bought for 1000$ its a 4.3l v6 tbi i have just replaced the ignition system alternater is almost 5 months old i did coil distributor shaft new icm cap and the wires and plugs i used a oil flush and drained oil did the oil cooler offset housing gaskets and replaced the o2 sensor and oil filter put new oil in and coolant and i did the eec canister and oil pressure switch and temp gauge on top but i did all these things trying to pass smog and then it failed the 2 tests
I replaced all the plugs and wires first and oil flush coolant and air filter but failed the first test then i did the new whole distributor shaft icm and new new cap and rotor and eec canister but failed my second test i failed hydrocarbons both times its running rich my injectors dont look leaky to me and i am wondering about the wires that go to the top of the injectors red blue green white wires i assume there are supposed to be four separate wires to where ever they go for the injectors to work right and im only have four for about six inchs out of the bottom of the rubber plug on the throttle body then two of those wires go to a brown wire with a black stripe

CodyhasABlazer 06-09-2019 04:13 PM

Any able to help out a fellow blazer owner i have a 1991 s10 blazer 4x4

Its got the 4.3l v6 its throttle body injected and its running rich i replaced the ignition system plugs wires coil and whole new distributor cap icm and rotor button and o2 sensor and air filter and eec canister i also did the oil pressure sending unit / switch and a coolant and oil flush its not leaking or burning oil or anything its just to high of hydrocarbons im trying to smog it

AJBert 06-09-2019 06:12 PM

Have you thought about pulling the injectors and having them tested? Could be they are dirty or are a bit worn out after all these years.

CodyhasABlazer 06-09-2019 11:15 PM

I havent but i did pull them and tested them with a battery and i believe it was 1.4 and it was supposed to be 1.3 with the voltmeter while in the truck the guy at oreilly told me that would make it spray less... I went to the pick n pull today and looked at a few other blazers and it looks like the wiring is right on my truck the plugs on top of the fuel injectors red and white go to a red with a black stripe and that splits to five wires and mines just like all the other 4.3 tbi's i saw today so maybe fuel pressure regulator