1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Can you Slim Jim a '93 s10 Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 09:18 AM
Starting Member
'93BLZR is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
I was only kidding, But thank you for that picture hahaha!!

I personally out of the first gens I have owned was never able to slim jim the doors.
I was most likely too impatient so I just went the old "wedge in the door with a hook" method
YEAH I know you were kidding. Just making sure no one has any doubts. And I figured I would have issues with a Slim Jim due to the fact that I could only find videos of people using hooks to unlock an S10

Old 12-15-2017, 09:31 PM
Starting Member
Lefet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
Did we just help someone steal a vehicle?
lol...lol...

Old 12-15-2017, 09:50 PM
Starting Member

Ok. Learned something today. Can't get keys without a notary for title transfer and then a title transfer, bill of sale, and current registration. Have to transfer Arizona title to a new Mexico title with My name. What a hassle. More reason for a slim Jim

Old 12-16-2017, 11:57 AM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

if it has a rear window pop button on the dash get a really long thin piece of metal (i remember using conduit for some reason) pry the door open just enough to get it in the top right corner and its a straight shot to that button. thats how i got into mine when i locked it

Old 12-16-2017, 12:18 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by abig84
if it has a rear window pop button on the dash get a really long thin piece of metal (i remember using conduit for some reason) pry the door open just enough to get it in the top right corner and its a straight shot to that button. thats how i got into mine when i locked it
Hasn't run in 5 years, so battery is surely dead

Old 12-21-2017, 08:55 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by '93BLZR
Hasn't run in 5 years, so battery is surely dead
Ok, to reply to all as an update... I tried the Slim Jim and spent 15 minutes trying to get it to hook to anything. Nothing... Then I tried the wedge and hook method. Didn't work. Then I tried pushing the rear window button, and to my surprise, it actually clicked as if it were opening the glass. Well, I went around to the back of the truck while my dad used the hook to push the button but the glass wouldn't budge. Ended up having to use a heavy duty drill and drill out the lock

Old 12-21-2017, 04:03 PM
Starting Member
MountainDew is on a distinguished road

well at least you got it.

My buddy would lock his keys in his 91 s10 at least once a month and he would get so mad at me because he would spend an hour trying to slim jim his truck and I would walk out and unlock it for him in less than 30 seconds haha.

Old 12-21-2017, 04:06 PM
Starting Member
MountainDew is on a distinguished road

I should have mentioned to that you never really hook onto anything you more less as your pulling it will push up on the little arm to the latch, you wont ever really hook onto anything,,, if that makes sense.

Old 12-23-2017, 11:01 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

ive done the hood and wedge method a few times on our old first gens, its not easy but possible.

at least rekeying these is simple

Old 04-15-2018, 10:05 PM
Tim Crumly is on a distinguished road

I know this is an old thread but for future reference you can remove side mirror and there is a whole right behind that you can stick a screwdriver in and operate the door locks.

Quick Reply: Can you Slim Jim a '93 s10 Blazer?