1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Cruise control...how does it work?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 11:50 AM
88jimmah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cruise control...how does it work?

Tried searching but I doubt anyone has posted this before.

Simple question...how do you use the cruise control on a first gen?

To my own defense so I don't sound like a complete dumbarse...my truck is old and there is no lettering on it anymore so I cannot tell what position the little slider is in or needs to be in.

The entire time I had my truck I thought that button was supposed to spray the windshield off O_O always wondered why the truck started to drive itself after I released it...lol thought it was some vacuum leak.

Anyways...try not to laugh to hard lol

Old 10-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Cruise control...how does it work?

I don't think that GM has changed their turn signal stalk based cruise controls in a VERY long time. From what I remember, all the way out on the selector switch is off, next in is on, then the next position is resume/accel. The button on the end is set/decel.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:22 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: 88jimmah
Sorry, Matt, I kinda had to, just a little.I just had this mental image of you holding onto the wheel for dear life as the truck roared down the road.
Yeah, Kyle, your memory is correct.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:27 PM
88jimmah is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: rriddle3

ORIGINAL: 88jimmah
Sorry, Matt, I kinda had to, just a little. I just had this mental image of you holding onto the wheel for dear life as the truck roared down the road.
Yeah, Kyle, your memory is correct.

lol I bet the look on my face when I was able to read "cruise" on the switch was priceless

Old 10-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Starting Member
woodsballr is an unknown quantity at this point

yea yours is like mine. the setting farthest outboard is "off" the next is "on" and the closest is "resume and accel". the button sets your speed and decelerates. if however yours is like mine and the button doesnt work you can hold the switch in a few seconds and it will kick in. and i believe each time you press the button or hit the switch, once its activated, it slows down or speeds up 1 mph, respectively.