1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Egr Valve and Fuel Lines

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 01:01 AM
Beginning Member
i3lomeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Egr Valve and Fuel Lines

I just have a few questions, I have a 94 blazer 4.3l w vortec and i was wondering is there any way to bypass the egr valve completly and and not have problems with the computer. Also is there a place for a mechanical fuel pump or better replacment then the stock one. Is there and easy way to extend the fuel lines in the rear so its easier to drop the tank. Tomorro will be my 2nd time in a week to pull my fuel pump. I think the wiring is what was messed up.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:10 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Egr Valve and Fuel Lines

I just grabbed some longer nylon lines (same as factory at the tank) and threw them on my 94 now when i drop the tank i can lower it all the way flat on the ground before touching the lines or wiring makes life much simpler (after the 3rd time in 2 days putting it in and back out trying to find my fuel delivery problem i got sick of fighting with it).
By the way if you havent checked the wires inside the tank from sending unit to pump yet check em out thats where my problem ended up being (same year and engine) Good Luck
Sorry almost forgot, dont know if you can eliminate the EGR but take it off and give it a thorough cleaning and put a screened gasket in to stop it from clofgging again and you shouldnt have anymore issues been almost 2 years since I did that and havent had to touch it since. Hope it helps

Old 01-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Egr Valve and Fuel Lines

There are no machined in provisions for a mechanical pump on these engines. A mechanical pump would likely not produce the pressure and flow required for a modern fuel injected engine either.

Without PCM modifications, you risk damaging your motor without a functioning EGR system. The fuel tables would need to be richened up to reduce cylinder temperatures to the same safe levels that the EGR system controls them to in a properly functioning setup.