1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Evil Drag Stance for blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 12:26 AM
Beginning Member
Kevin.N.Odom is on a distinguished road
Default Evil Drag Stance for blazer

So I have a first gen blazer 94 vin w 2wd. Recently I posted about considering lifting my truck up. Well after some debate I really see no prpose in a lifted 2wd blazer so here's my new idea.

I really like the stance of alot of drag racing trucks normal ride height in the back and lowered in the front. It gives it a real aggressive looking stance.

Heres some pics so ppl know exactly what im trying to achieve.

Not pictures of blazers but you can get the idea.

pic 1: Notice the aggressive angle stance. His front is lowered a little more than I'd want mine. but all in all a good idea of what I'm talking about.

pic 2: old school pick up// again same idea with the stance

So now hopefully everyone reading this understands the kind of stance i want to achieve.

Now questions about how to achieve this stance

NOTE: I WANT TO KEEP THE REAR RIDE HEIGHT STOCK

1. 1" drop in front or 2 " ( I know this is gonna be a personal preference thing but just want ideas of how many inches yall think the drop should be)

2. will there be any adverse effects on the front end camber?
if so what is needed to correct this.

3. brand of coils to go with? and any other parts that yall think I may need

4. Can I do this drop my self? What tools are needed? and ETA on how long it should take me to do.

After the I complete this I plan on complimenting the drop with some DOT approved street "Drag"Radials. New exhaust, Headers, Cam Swap, And Pcm tune.

Please reply with any comment criticism or concerns. they are all welcome. ty

Old 02-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Beginning Member
Sway_89S10 is on a distinguished road

A friend of mine has an '88 Blazer S10, the day he bought it, he pulled the motor and dropped in a 383 stroker, and he did the same stance you're going for. Except he kept the front stock height, and raised the rear 3" and wrapped some M/T drag radials around Pro Comp steelies. It looks sick! I know you're trying to keep the rear stock and lower the front, but it just seemed easier and cheaper to raise the rear.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:47 AM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

just dont get super crazy with lifting the rear of the truck. all the oil will go towards the front of the oil pan. but i like that stance. had a k5 that looked like that, not by choice but by putting worn out springs in the first and i left it caue i liked the look

Old 02-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Beginning Member
Kevin.N.Odom is on a distinguished road

What company should i get springs from? front are springs if im just gonna lower the front..

but for the back if im gonna raise it up and leave the front alone i need leafs rite?

Old 02-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Beginning Member
Sway_89S10 is on a distinguished road

Well for my friend's truck, it already had 3" lowering blocks in the rear, so it was the exact opposite of what you want, and he just flipped them around for lift.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

just an fyi, that stance will actually kill your launch times, worthless for anything besides going "oOOOOohhhh a RACE car"

A true race stance is back end squatted front end up. Eliminates all that crap in between the pedal hittin the floor & the car starting to move.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:12 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Youve got a 2wd, you dont need to change the coil springs at all. My 85 has the stance you are talking about, and its got smaller front tires and drop spindles from belltech. Tires are 275/50R15 on the back and 205/50R15 on the front. Rear is factory height and it looks mean as hell. Using drop spindles means you dont need to buy new shocks either! And it drives just the same as it did before. With the 1.5" spindles, tires and heavy V8 engine I think its down about 3 inches. My 15 inch wheels barely fit over the lower balljoints with the 1.5" spindles, so if you have 15 inchers, dont but anything more than 1.5 inch drop spindles or you will need bigger wheels to get them back on. It was a cheap drop, I got the spindles used for 100 bucks, new berrings and races and seals for about 30 bucks, and bought new balljoints for about 80. Front end was tight as hell after, but I can really smack the front crossmember if i dont watch out for what Im driving over, and I have to enter driveways crooked or it will scrape the ground. I do however spin tires alot easier now too as someone else said, it will kill your launch times. I dont ever drag race, I just gun down mustangs on the fly so it doesnt really matter to me. I also have a set of adjustable traction bars on the rear springs now that helped with the tire spin and launches, got those for a trade on the buy/sell pages. You could easily make a set with square tubing, plate steel, and a welder. The fronts of these will also hit the ground if you arent careful. I would show you some pics of mine but its 1200KM away for the time being as I moved to BC from Alberta... And I might just have my dad sell it for me cause Ill never be able to register that smogger now that I live here.

If you want to raise the back you need lifting blocks and longer U-Bolts, OR some places sell shackles that go on the ends of the springs... Then you need longer shocks too. So I wouldnt **** around with all that it will look funny. Drop the front down. Just start with the smaller tires, you might find that will get you the look you want without anything mechanical to mess around with, if you wanna go lower, get the spindles from BELLTECH

Last edited by ohsofly; 02-11-2010 at 01:25 PM.