1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

fitting size of 93 Blazer CPI fuel pressure valve??

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 05:34 PM
scottyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fitting size of 93 Blazer CPI fuel pressure valve??

Does anyone know the size for a 93 Blazer CPI fuel pressure valve?
I need to check my fuel pressure..
Also does anyone know a cheap place online to order a fuel pressure gauge?
I went to pepboys, autozone,advanced auto, acme auto, Napa, and none of them hold a fuel pressure gauge!?
Thanks

Old 06-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: fitting size of 93 Blazer CPI fuel pressure valve??

On the size of the valve... Well, the gauge will have the appropriate connector for it.

Here's a link to the one that I have:
Actron CP7818 - SummitRacing.com

Old 06-19-2007, 06:56 PM

Thanks swartlkk, I ordered that one..I hope it fits the blazer..
If it turns out I need to change the fuel pump, is it difficult to drop the tank, and change it?
I heard it could be a night mare

Old 06-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

For the dropping of the tank... Get everything disconnected that you can before you loosen the tank. You'll want to have it as empty as possible... If that is not an option any longer, you'll need to have atleast one jack handy, preferrably with a wide saddle on it to adaquately support the tank while you remove the mounting straps. Then you'll want to lower the tank down slightly allowing access to the electrical, vacuum, filler tube, and fuel line connections on the tank. Take your time and be patient with some of the plastic lines/fittings. Some of the parts are easy to break and can be hard to find replacements.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:13 PM

well it turns out its not the pump..when I turned the key I got 60psi
Any suggestions what I should check next?
Im guessing fuel injectors
Is it possible for the ignition coil to be faulty but still get spark at all the plugs?
Also I forgot to add that itll run for a few seconds, sputter, then when it dies I hear a big WOOSHING sound right before it dies