1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

help my temp gauge is not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 07:57 PM
haught62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help my temp gauge is not working

hi i have a 94 s10 blazer with the 4.3l vortec and i am having a problem with my temp gauge i have already replaced the temp sensor and it still didnt do anything i think it might me in the electrical system if anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it

Old 05-01-2006, 02:07 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: help my temp gauge is not working

When you replaced the sensor, did you check the wires/connectors for corrosion?

And your sure you replaced teh temp sensor for teh dash gauge, or did you replace teh temp sensor for something else?

Old 05-01-2006, 11:25 AM
blazingsadle is an unknown quantity at this point

What color was/were the wire(s). A single dark green wire normally serves the dash gauge.

All in all though, I have the feeling that the quality of the gauges in GM vehicles leaves something to be desired. I do not just think its GM either I think all of them in the average automobile are garbage. As much as we depend on them, they ought to be better.

I have this really neat thought. Since the computer is more important than the gauges now; why is a dash not equipped with more than an idiot lite? Why should anyone have to turn to gadgets, some costing thousands, to see what might be wrong with their car? If the automobile companies had any sense of what is the right and proper thing to do, then all info would be fed to computer (real) and shown on the dash as readouts.

A good for instance is that temp problem. Why are there two sensors? Cause they have so far refused to combine them?? I remember vehicles with three, the third to run the fan by way of a relay. They finally ran that through to computer. If they did it right, they would only need one. If they condensed their gadgets and got back to a standard of sorts for all engines, we could save money rather than have it cost more for even better information on the dash.

Take the silly speed thing. I see some out there that get driven by the tranny only to have another hookup at the speedo for some kind of info to the puter. Anyone care to think how this might be improved? Send it to the puter in the first placed and have a comprehensive display? Vaccuum anyone, same trash. outside tem, o2 sensor? Why do we not know the information???

The info going to the dash should go through the puter to begin with. The only link between the dash and the puter ought to be a data cable. Bet they wouldnt use anything we already have.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You may want to have a look at a MODERN vehicle. Your '95 is antiquated technology and the newer vehicles incorporate EVERYTHING you have stated. Please stay on topic!

Old 05-01-2006, 01:03 PM
blazingsadle is an unknown quantity at this point

What you write is much further off topic than I am. If you have a car that reads out its computer information to you, such as O2 reading, vacuum reading, injector function reading and timing status, ON THE DASH DISPLAY please prove it. Your desire to be more than you are is showing. Have the guts to leave these posts.

Old 05-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa, now. Kyle is just trying to keep this thread about what it is supposed to be about, which was the temp gauge giving haught62 an problem. I understand that you might have an opinion regarding something related to this, but it's not the proper thread to write about it. THIS particular thread is about haught62's issue, not whether or not the car companies are doing the right and proper thing.

Attacking swartlkk because he is doing his job as a moderator isn't necessary.

Now let's please get back to the original topic so we can help out a fellow forum member.