1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

i have no clue

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Beginning Member
green75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i have no clue

94 chevy vortex.4x4 changed sending unit in july.pump a year ago,filter last week.i give her gas and she blogs out if i baby the throttle she goes good.i changed my air hoses today and notice the air hose going into the intake collapsed when the truck is in idle.and my 4 wheeld rive wouldnt not click on until i move a lil bit in drive or reverse.then it would go in 4 wheel.the guy at the part store told me that its the air sumthing on the transfer case.its a vacum i guess.would that cause the intake air hose to collapse?also did plugs and wires cap rotor.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: i have no clue

What "air hoses" are you talking about? How large are they? Where do they go to? If they are the vacuum hoses, then they should not collapse at an idle. If they do, it is possible that you used the wrong hoses for the application.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Beginning Member
Default RE: i have no clue

THEY GO RIGHT INTO THE INTAKE.next to the dis cap.my friend thinks it should be plastic.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Beginning Member
Default RE: i have no clue 2 what is going on

i changed all my air hoses and put a new t for the hoses and the main hose is tight fit and is still sucking air im lost and confuse help please. would the 4x4 drive sensor since it is a vacum have anything to do with it?i have no check engine light on nothing. why would i have to spray starting fluid to start it everytime

Old 11-26-2008, 01:52 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

The term 'air hoses' is a bit ambiguous and confusing. You mightpost pictures of the hoses you are talking about so we can tell which ones you are referring to.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:04 PM
bartonmd is an unknown quantity at this point

i give her gas and she blogs out if i baby the throttle she goes good
This is typically indicative of a bad ignition coil...

Mike

Old 11-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Beginning Member

thats under the dc right? i will get pics up this weekend

Old 11-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Beginning Member

i must have got bum coil i just changed that in april. why do i have to spray starting fluid to start

Old 12-03-2008, 01:12 PM
rattosh51 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're spraying starting fluid into it to start, you better check your fuel pressure.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Beginning Member

i have good pressure.i changed a spark plug wire it ran good for 2 days and then it started all over again.i have new pump,sending unit,filter,ive dont it all.went to my buddys garage and used his scanner it showed no codes.nothing is wrong

Quick Reply: i have no clue