1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

4.3 votec + dymanite = good idea?

Old 07-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Beginning Member
chadillac85 is on a distinguished road
Question 4.3 votec + dymanite = good idea?

i have a 93 blazer 4dr 2wd auto, theres been so much replaced it prolly easier to tell you whats left untouched. but it had a bad injector clip(replaced and soldered) and kept stallin out on me but could always get to refire. well bout week ago it acted up again but this time wouldnt fire back up, so pulled it into garage and started tearing down.
well nothin was outta place or bad so put back together. went and got buddys computer(genisys with pathfinder system). turned on key and rpms shot up to 9999 (?), so tried crankin over to see if sensor changed readings. well the blazer fired right up and ran bout another week with no issues.
On way to work sat mourn and thing die leaves me stuck on side of road and the thing will not start back up. if cannot solve this stupid problem this motor will explode and b replaced by carbed v8. would really like to figure out though cause is a great running motor with great gas milage.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Starting Member
maddie's dad is on a distinguished road

I'll bet you have a ecm problem. See if you can use your buddy's computer to monitor everything once you get it running again.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Starting Member
Magmotor is on a distinguished road

You have an ECM1 (10 amp) & ECMB fuse (15 amp) See if your ECMB fuse is blown.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Beginning Member

neither fuse is blown ecm is and has been replaced once along wit fuel pump, sending unit, gas tank, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, spider injector, injector clip, distributor, plugs, wires, egr valve, and theres prolly more im missing.
have been tryin to have computer hooked up when it acts up but when i hook that computer up it seems like it never even has the glitch

Old 07-05-2011, 05:08 AM
Starting Member

So I guess it's running again, right? I'm having a similar problem but my ECMB fuse blew so I had to replace the ECM...so far so good....On this year vehicle the oil pressure switch & fuel pump relay is hooked together....if your oil pressure switch is on its way out it will tell the ECM and it will shut the fuel pump relay off....if the relay is on its way out it will just shut the fuel pump off and either way, there you sit....the software can't monitor the oil pressure switch but can monitor the fuel pump voltage....when your engine is hot and you come to a stop, does the oil pressure drop to a very very low level? Does your oil pressure jump up and down while your driving? you might replace both too see if that's the problem.....worst scenario is the oil pump....

Old 07-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Beginning Member

negative still not running after car dolling home, no blown fuses and oil pressure runs at a constant reading with no flux(besides normal rise and fall with throttle). have been told of a electrical box that can cause this problem but unable to find name or location of said box.
fuel pump is working properly and have found very small gas leak just couple drops but sure thats not cause of problem. im getting pretty dumbfounded on this thing all roads just stump me further

Old 07-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Starting Member
maddie's dad is on a distinguished road

You are not alone, Chadillac85. I'm tempted to set my daughter's 93 Jimmy on fire in the parking lot. I'm no idiot, and I'm sure I can get this truck running. It is just really frustrating when you are shooting in the dark. I do not like guessing what the problem might be, and replacing parts that Might be bad. It's Friday, I'm off work, I just got paid, let's see what I can do with this truck.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Beginning Member

exactly it maddie's dad that what its been for me a complete uphill battle. but there has been alil relief just found out i can get a really good deal on either a 5.3 outta 03 burban or 5.7 outta a 97 pu, so really starting to wonder if carbed v8 is way to go compared motors wont cost any cash just my time in labor.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:27 AM
Starting Member

I feel for you guys...I'm glad I didn't have any dynamite cause that thing would've been blown to hell and back a long time ago....I went thru the same thing for the last 1 1/2 months but got lucky and found the issue with it....so far....all I can say is with all the breakdowns and shut offs and no starts you guys are having and with NO CODES being thrown, it's gotta be a connector or wiring problem and that's like finding the Atocha, ask Mel, he knows......you'll probably find the lose connector or some melted wires during the engine swap.....I've got both Service Manuals for the '93 so if there is anything you guys would like to know or me to look up, don't hesitate.....good luck with it..

Old 07-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Beginning Member

well id love to know what u tried, just to see what happens. this thing when it runs it run so beautiful, not a odd noise, miss, or anything. i would love to try to get rest of life outta it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4.3 votec + dymanite = good idea?