1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Leaky Blazer 1991

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Craziebladez is on a distinguished road
Default Leaky Blazer 1991

I just got a 1991 blazer and it has a good bit of miles on it.It still runs great no noises turns over really quick and everything...But it leaks oil,more than I can handle.I think I found the problem but im not sure what it is.It is round and has spots for 3 hoses but has only 2 hoses going into it,its right next to the oil pan in between the oil pan and the transmission pan.I just got done scrubbing the under carriage so I could get a better look,while i was down there i tightened all the bolts...You wouldn't beleive all the looses bolts on the transmision pan and the oil pan..
-jeremy

Old 03-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Because you posted in the 1st Gen S-series section, I will assume that you have a 4.3L equiped S-series Blazer and not a full size.

You may have the typical leaking remote oil filter lines that is causing this leak. Pictures of the affected area would help greatly.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Default Im sorry

4.3l 2 door 4x4 1991 I hope its a first gen Im not sure how the gen thing works.Pics in about an hour.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Default Pics!

Transmission pan the oil is flowing from the front...

What i think is leaking..Hope you can read the red writing..I tried

Old 03-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

In the second picture, that is the oil line adapter. Looks like that is leaking pretty good.

You will need to pop off the aluminum cover to inspect inside the bellhousing to determine if the rear main seal is actually at fault. Does oil come out of the holes in the bottom of the flywheel cover? Or the back of the fly wheel cover?

Old 03-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Default K

Well I will take off that oil line adapter and go buy a new one?Would that do it or can i just get a seal?Or a clamp?....That hole you see in the flywheel cover the one that looks drilled no oil comes out of there.Oil might come out of the back of it,hard to tell when the transmission pan is up there..thanks for the help btw.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Craziebladez
4.3l 2 door 4x4 1991 I hope its a first gen Im not sure how the gen thing works.Pics in about an hour.
simply put if it's the same body style as in my sig it's a first gen s-series (mine is 94 which was the final year for this body style) 95+ are 2nd gen and have the newer body style

Old 03-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Default hey

its the same as yours...But 2 door..

Old 03-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

that's a lot of fluids

Old 03-09-2009, 11:38 PM

yea it leaks about a quart a week im just guessing..Ive only had it like 4 days so im trying to get it all in good shape...Only problem is the oil leak..it runs AMAZING.Before i start putting 33s and snorkels and waterproofing i want to get this leak fixed.

Quick Reply: Leaky Blazer 1991