1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Leaky Blazer 1991

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Craziebladez is on a distinguished road

So i took off the flywheel cover wich wasnt to hard..There wasnt really any oil on the flywheel i mean there was some but not like enough to scare me.BUT i had a freind fire up the car while i was under it,i could literally watch oil poor out of the oil line adapter thingy...So i am going to replace that..That should solve the problem.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you have found the source. I did some digging to find that gasket. It is available from Felpro under PN ES70016 from Autozone & Advance Autoparts (as well as many online retailers) and lists under 'Engine Oil Cooler Gasket' or 'Engine Oil Cooler Gasket Set'.

Here is an image (courtesy of RockAuto.com):

Attached Thumbnails Leaky Blazer 1991-es70016.jpg  
Old 03-12-2009, 12:39 PM

I am going to do this today.If i dont get an answer soon i will head to the library..How do those lines come out?Just pull?Screws?

Old 03-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You have to go in from the front of the motor back to the adapter. There is a bolt in the flange that holds the two hard lines together and mounts them to the adapter. I believe it is a 10mm bolt. Then you will remove the two bolts holding the adapter to the block. Clean everything and then replace all gaskets/o-rings which seal to the adapter.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:28 PM

Ok cool thanks...So im waiting for it to cool down it is VERY hot...Lol thought about putting water on it and went nahhh dont wanna crack anything.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Good idea to wait!

Old 03-12-2009, 05:02 PM

Ok so I am going to end up dropping the front axle to get to this bolt.I cant get it on all the way the socket goes on but not fully so i cant loosen the bolt.Dropping the axle would move the front pumpkin out of the way,so that i could get to it...This is a pain in the a$$ for a little peice of metal.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Try putting a jack with a 2x4 on top under the oil pan and slightly lifting the motor. Worked like a charm on my old 2000 Bravada.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:03 PM

I would be scared to break the oil pan doing something like that...but i will see..Its like the front pumpkin is in the way so i have to use like a 2 1/2 ft extension to get to the bolt..and then its hard to get into cause of the lines that are in it..but ima try it tomarow i think i can get it..if not ill drop the axle or lift the motor mayb that will help..Thanks guys..Today my door stopped opening..gota fix that..and the only gauge thats right is the tach and the speedo dont work..my gauges are all messed up.Thats why i wanted mechanical ones.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Administrator

The oil pan can hold up the weight of the engine. Just do not go crazy and end up jacking against the motor mounts. Just enough to get it up a bit for more room. The motor mounts tend to sag a bit with age.

Quick Reply: Leaky Blazer 1991