1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

MAP sensor for my '93

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 10:55 PM
swdockter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MAP sensor for my '93

Newbie here! This site rocks. I have been working like crazy on my 93 trying to get it run smoother.

Will a MAP sensor for a 95 fit my 93? Is it the same Wells part?

It's for a '93 4.3 vortec W motor. All I know about the sensor is it's for a 4.3 vortec on a '95.

thanks,
Scottt

Old 03-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: MAP sensor for my '93

A quick check through Autozone.com shows identical Wells PNs (SU105) for both the '95 4.3L Vin W and the '93 4.3L Vin W.

Hope this helped.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:04 PM

sweet! and dam was that fast.

Can you come over and fix my 93 that fast [sm=hail.gif]

Old 03-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nope sorry... I'm alittle far from IL.

What's been going on with your Blazer?

Old 03-29-2006, 11:41 PM

Well, sit down this will take a while.

My dad died from cancer and my mom gave me dad’s old 93 s10 Blazer. She’s got 121K and of course started to run poorly one month after I had it. Here is what I have done since that time….

Car would run ok when you stepped on the gas but would not idle at all. Had to flog the thing to get it started and keep flogging the gas peddle to keep it idling…..so, off to the internet I went….

Ordered a rebuilt fuel injection system including the regulator popets (sp?). A company out of Indiana rebuilt them for like $300 and it included an EGR gasket with the screen. The nut kit was real fun to install. That torx screw on the back of the engine block was rather tricky, other than that it was not that big a deal. I also took cleaned the intake manifold thoroughly.

I put the thing back together and it did the same dam thing….*&^$()&^^%(, there went $300 down the drain. So I take a trip to Autozone for Plugs, Cap, Rotor, Wires, Coil and replace them all. Same thing but it felt a bit snappier, just would idle worth a dam. Well, I noticed the gasket with the screen and couldn’t figure out what it was for…called the guy and he said it goes on the EGR valve. He says take it off and clean it well and install this gasket. So I did, the thing idled smooth as a babies butt. So now I have a nice spare injection kit with a good regulator laying around.

Now that she’s running well, I go off to get the oil, trans, and gear lube changed. The repair shop says I have oil in the water and showed me. Sure enough, there was oil floating in the water. So I decided to give the truck to a friend of the family for head gaskets. He pulled off one head (based on spark plugs) and had the head magna-fluxed. Well, there was a crack between two valves so he pulled the other head and sure enough, the same dam thing. My dad must have run her hot or something.

So two new used heads later and here I am. When I got it back, it ran real bad. SO I gave it back to him and to no avail. It runs better but doesn’t idle real well. Not real bad, but not to my liking. I want it back to the way it was with two blown heads. So after reading threads on this board, I have….

1) Pulled the air intake off and cleaned the sensor close to the throttle body (not sure of the sensor name). Cleaned sensor with electronic cleaner.
2) Cleaned the other two sensors, MAP, and the one next to it (again, not sure of the name) on the throttle body just adjacent to it.
3) Cleaned all the rest of the connections I could find while I was at it.

It ran and idled better but it started having moments of rough idle again. Not real bad, but not smooth. So I did 2 cans of SEAFOAM through the brake master cylinder. Use a small funnel and poured Âľ down slowly and dumped the remaining and turned her off and let her sit for 30 minutes and started it back up and watched the show..pretty cool.

Funny thing, I read people have a hard time keep the motor running with this hose off, mine accelerated a little. I did have to keep the throttle moving to keep it running when the SEAFOAM went in.

Anyways, still having issues. Seems a little better, but again not smooth. I actually shift into neutral so she doesn’t shake. It will stay idling but I don’t like seeing the hood shake and hear the exhaust rattle.

So I’m going to start replacing things again. I’m going to start with the MAP sensor, then new plugs, then cap and rotor. After that, I’m not sure. O2 and other sensors ????

Also, I have an issue with the temp gauge now. It was running exactly one bar under 200. Now the gauge will show about 140-15, then to one bar (on the digital display). While its running it may decide not to show many any bars. So tonight I cleaned the water temp connection and that didn’t work. I assumed it was on the passenger side and the knock sensor was on the driver side. Not sure I cleaned th