1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

My to do list

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 11:29 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about
Default My to do list

Dads blazer has been pissing everywhere fora few weeks with oil leaks and tranny leaks. it leaks a quart a week of oil,and a pint of tranny fluid every coupla weeks. Only benefit from this is a squeaky clean undercarriage.

Whats leaking you may ask?

Oil filter housing and/or oil lines. this is the biggest leak.
valve cover
Speedometer oring.
trans pan gasket
rear seal on trans.

Issues with blazer :
speedo bouncing. im guessing sensor.
Possible bad bottom radiator hose.
Going to do the big 3 mod.

pics :

Is this a swollen hose or just where its connected to the lip of the water pump?

Super clean undercarriage.

The mess im in

Hoping to get it all done by the weekend. Today il get started on pressure washing everything clean and maybe the oil filter housing.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Looks like you have a good bit of work to do!! I too have a leaking oil filter housing (mine is remote housing tho abviously) and my tranny pan gasket will be getting replaced when I do my solenoids. I have a bunch of other things I am going to tackle as well just waiting on all the parts to arrive but I won't clutter your thread with all that lol! Man it seems like it never ends

Old 11-14-2012, 12:09 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

clutter all you like lol. Well,his trans really needs a pan change done. Maybe i can talk him into doing that instead of snugging the bolts and hoping that works. I dont know if i need to replace the valve cover gasket now or not. I checked the bolts and the center one was finger loose. I tightened it down a little.Maybe thats fixed.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:20 PM
AndrewO1991 is on a distinguished road

is it just me or do the valve cover bolts always seep a little bit. Just changed the valve cover gaskets and i see oil gathering around the bolt. It looks like that hose is normal, its the flange on the water pump. Wish my undercarrage was that clean, previous owner had a little too much fun in the georgia clay, I'm to lazy to wash it off. I just hit puddles in the rain, lolz. Major oil leak going on, unsure where its coming from on that pic. Make sure the oil filter isnt double gasketed.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:26 PM
BF Veteran

it all looks to be coming from the cooler line,or adapter. im willing to bet its the adapter.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:35 PM
BF Veteran

IT WAS THE ADAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! took longer to scrap the old gasket off then to fix it.

now, the valve covers are leaking a little too. this is the cpi. anyone ever changed em? the passenger side looks easy,but the driver side looks to be a pita.