1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Need serious help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Beginning Member
japking is on a distinguished road

Yes this helps....i think. I can't get a scanner tool till tomarrow but for now ill change the connection out. I picked a couple up today aat the junkyard. I ran around and did a bunch of things today, testing connections and what-not, I was beginning to think either bad ecm or bad connection....or maybe something completely different. Ill run out and do it right now!!

Old 09-03-2012, 08:56 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Let me know

Old 09-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Beginning Member

so i switched out the connections and now change. The blazer starts, if i slowly depress the pedal it revs up pretty good. If I depress it fairly quick, is starts stumbling and eventually shuts off. Stumped.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:22 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

sounds like the map sensor Im not sure tho... Might wanna get one from the junk yard to try it.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Beginning Member

well i guess ill try another one then. But ive bought two new ones and they didn't give any difference except for the first one which made the truck worse. I keep wanting to look in other avenues but everything keeps coming back to the code 34.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:23 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Have you tried wiggling the wires i mentioned?

Old 09-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Beginning Member

Yes I have but nothing different. I keep thinking about the distributor cap..so since its cheap and probably needs replaced I'm going to go ahead and do that now. I still dont know if the faint hissing sound I'm hearing in the area of the alternator is a vaccum leak of the alt itself.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Beginning Member

Now following the instructions in the book....i did box 2, and results were faulty sensor or connector....i tried box three and "B" terminal showed nothing. I'm assuming their talking about the terminal in the connector that goes to the map??

Old 09-12-2012, 06:38 PM
tlw221 is on a distinguished road

My 93 s10 blazer engine code w 4.3L CPI will not run. It will crank once then will not start again unless you hold accelerator to the floor and still then it is difficult then still. It turns over and over but doesn't start. It has left me in the middle of the road several times and I noticed this was when I was slowing down for a red light or stop sign. It will attempt to crank with starter fluid sprayed directly into the intake. I am at a loss for what to do..I thought it was the cpi unit and I replaced that, fuel pump is good, replaced fuel filter, replaced egr not too long ago, replaced distrubtor cap and plugs, and I am getting spark with plugs. Also it is not throwing an error codes. Please someone help me! Is this a sensor or what?

Old 09-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Beginning Member

So you're driving and it just dies out of the blue?? My problem ended up being the timing being off. Could be a map sensor. Be more descriptive on the symptoms.

Quick Reply: Need serious help please!!