1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

New member with a problem 1hr into the purchase lol FML!

Old 11-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Beginning Member
1994BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road
Default New member with a problem 1hr into the purchase lol FML!

So im the proud owner of a used (broken) 1994 Blazer. Here is the truck http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ctd/1449058558.html It is very, very clean and minimal rust other than on the lower drivers doors!! ran great, shifted great, everything works except voltage meter (not sure why) I was about 2 mile from my house when it just shut down. Seems like the fuel pump in the tank or a hose let go above the tank. reason im assuming that is because when i turn the key on it leaks but key of its ok. Shouldnt be a problem, but i wont know till tomorrow. Anyone have this problem or any other suggestions??

Thanks, Frank.

ps hope to have a lot of fun in this truck!!

Old 11-06-2009, 04:53 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Frank, grab a wrench and getty ready to play. click me and prepare to read....

not a lot of fixes listed, but a lot of 'what to look out for' action. A LOT...

Old 11-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Beginning Member
1994BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Frank, grab a wrench and getty ready to play. click me and prepare to read....

not a lot of fixes listed, but a lot of 'what to look out for' action. A LOT...
yea, those were my intentions until i got the truck home and the flatbed went on an angle and fuel came running out into the driveway and my dad flipped a **** because its concrete. So i had it towed to my local mechanic whose a family friend and we are going to mess with it tomorrow. Im a member of Cobaltss.net so im very familiar with forum lingo and the imfamous search button .

Alittle more about me, My other car is a 2008 Cobalt SS/TC turbocharged 2dr coupe that i drag and road race at englishtown, nj. Mainly the reason i bought the blazer was so i didnt have to drive or ruin my car in the winter in North Jersey. I am very excited to drive this truck basically all the time now and save my car longer!! My mom has a 1995 Blazer LT that im not too fond of because its allllll plastic inside and rattles and shakes and sloshes through turns, but this 94 is nice and tight. Thanks again hope to be a contributing member on here. I also found out i have a Haynes service manual in my garage so if anyone needs me to look something up from 94-98 i could do that

Old 11-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Beginning Member
dravengary is on a distinguished road

Welcome hope it is not to serious to fix good luck and enjoy

Old 11-08-2009, 11:23 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 1994BlazerS10
I also found out i have a Haynes service manual in my garage so if anyone needs me to look something up from 94-98 i could do that
sorry brother, that won't work. the 1 st gen's ran up to '94. then the 2nd gen's run from '95 to '05.

i also have the Hayne's manual for the 1st gen's as well (i use it for a paper weight now), and you'll soon find that the book is good for a "reference only" publication. once you start getting into working/repairing your truck, you'll see that book leaves alot to be desired.

good luck on droppping your tank for that repair. remember, use lots of WD40.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:36 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

I'll second that on the Haynes manual. Pretty much worthless for troubleshoting. I bought the factory books (not cheap but worth every dime) You can still get them new in paper from Helm, Inc. Here is the order form website at least for a 1994. You can use this as a link and find your year and model. http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.a...J7586RVDTU32PE

Old 12-15-2009, 03:16 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

hmmm........been almost 6 weeks, and he still hasn't fixed this thing?!?

wonder what all of his other posts are for-more problems?

Old 12-15-2009, 04:05 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum from Canada!
x3 on the haynes.

Also, a suggestion. You might want to edit out that part about you "road racing" your cobalt. If it's what I think it is (ie street racing) then we definitely don't condone that activity around here and I'll ask you don't post any stories or comments on it (since it is illegal). Hope you understand...just doing my moderator duties

Old 12-28-2009, 01:59 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Weighing back in a little late, but does anyone know why guys ask for help and you do some research for them (probably cause they're too cheap to buy a manual and troubleshoot the problem properly) and then you never hear from them again to see if they got it fixed or not. Even if your suggestion was incorrect, it might help someone else out or teach us all something we haven't thought of. I mean it's supposed to be a two way street, right? I give up. Been wrench burning for about 40 years and never seen anything like some of the participants. This one usn't the only one I'm talking about. Hose away.