1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Ok I'm Confused

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ok I'm Confused

As some of you know I've been working on my blazer for the past few months lift, rust removal, repaint and adding a few mods now I'm just wrapping up so I can get it back on the road and find myself at a loss on a wiring issue, hopefully one of you can help...
When I started there was no plug for trailer lights although it had a hitch just a jumble of wires taped together on bottom of the hitch i got the trailer plug and all that is working my problem is there are 2 wires separate from those that run along the frame on driver side and up the firewall (engine side) and behind the brake booster from there I cannot find them anywhere, one wire is red the other dark blue. Red wire has power at all times key on or off does not matter, dark blue wire has no power even with key on brake pedal pushed, hazards, turns, parking lights on never any power but if i clip the ground for my test light to it and touch the constant power wire i get no light so I assume its no ground either. Anybody have a clue what these are for? My best guess at this point would be possibly a trailer with electric brakes was used at some point and that's what these are for anyone confirm or disprove this theory?

Old 06-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The red wire is the +12V accessory wire or charging wire in the case of a trailer that has its own battery power system. The dark blue wire should run inside to under the dash for an add-on electronic brake controller.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Kyle you always bail me out when I get stumped, appreciate it!