1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

self acceleration??

Old 05-01-2009, 07:28 PM
livlifes2short is an unknown quantity at this point
Default self acceleration??

Well did not expect to be back on here so soon, but I am having a similar issue as before but not real bad (hesitations/miss under load) the thing that is really throwing me is when I first start up the truck turn on the ac let off the brake the truck accelerates and lets off all on its own. If I turn the air off it goes away also the hesitation miss or whatever while driving is not hardly as bad with the ac off but super bad with the air on. What gives thanks for the help!

Oh yeah 94s10 4.3 vortec 4*4

Last edited by livlifes2short; 05-01-2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: make model
Old 05-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The A/C should not have anything to do with throttle... I do not believe that the 1st gens had any adjustment in idle speed while the compressor clutch is engaged.

I would remove the IAC valve and clean it and the bore it rides in.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:20 PM

Ha well turns out that the same stupid plug that caused all my problems before was still messed up so this time i replaced the stupid thing. And it is fixed runs great with exception of a rough idle (sometimes) and a gas smell on the passanger side only when driving not when parked. Makes it a pain to track it down. Any ideas on that. THanks For all the help!!

Old 05-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What plug was that?

As far as the fuel smell on the passenger side, it could be a problem with an EVAP line.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:25 PM

thye plug I am talking about I belive would be refered to as the fuel injector wiring harness. Its the plug that goes on top of the injector inside of the plenum. There is a blue and red wire that come out of the lower plenum to a quick disconnect. Now as far as this EVAP line what do i do about it? Where do I start? Thanks

Old 05-07-2009, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Ok, thought so, but did not read back through your other thread on the last time you had this problem.

The easiest way to detect EVAP problems is with a smoke test. But that is not something that everyone can do... You can inspect the lines by following them from the engine back to the tank and then up to the charcoal canister.