1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

vacum lines not on transfer case need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 10:26 AM
paul94blazer4x4 is on a distinguished road
Question vacum lines not on transfer case need help

i have a 94 s-10 blazer tahoe all electric when i push the 4h or 4l my ront tires dont spin well i got to looking around and my vaccum accuator is bad and i traced the line that went to it and i kno it goes to transer case i got under it and none of my hoses are not all connected or put some where and i have tried lookin in my chiltons and it aint got nothing about the vaccume lines is there any where i can find out where he line goes and cause there 4 spots on transfer case and only 2 have hoses on them and we got a **** ton of snow here and i put my blazer in a 20 foot ditch cause i got no power to front tires. can any one help me or am i gonna have to take it to a shop cause i do all my own work on my cars and i fixed everthing else that was wrong with it and i cant figure this out. and does it matter which line goes where i kno it does for the fron axel cause it not always engaged so it dont need it all the time or is there a electric accuator i can buy and add a switch so i just hit a butten to lock the front it i am an electrician and decent mechanic but never messed with this stuff

Old 01-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Starting Member
burning_soul07 is on a distinguished road

all the info you need including pics

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f220/t...thread-327817/

Old 01-23-2011, 07:32 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Yes it matters. There are three lines coming off your T-case switch. Inlet from engine vacuum, outlet to actuator and a vent line. Make sure you get the proper size hoses. They're weird sizes (like one is 9/64" and the others are 7/64th") If you get them too big they'll fit but you'll notice a daley in the emgagement reaction time. Been there, done that. 1st thing I'd find out if your T-case switch is operating. The lines are like this on the switch. Middle one is from engine vacuum. Outboard one (left side of vehicle) is the vent line which "T"s off and one goes around to the rear of the case on the right side. The remaining one goes to your actuator. This is larger than the other two (or appears that way in the book). This is from the factory manual. Hope this helps. Took a look at the link from burning_soul07 and you might get a better handle on it than my description. That shows the large line being the vent.

Last edited by Gimpy Blazer; 01-23-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:47 PM
Starting Member
thedb63 is on a distinguished road

the s10 thread helps but what about the vacuum lines up in the engine bay...that t fitting with the check valve in it where do the lines go back on to it?...if this is a old thread sorry for bringing back from the dead but there a lack of info for the vacuum lines and where they go if someone could send me in the right place that would be great i dont want to start another "4x4 doesnt work" thread...

Old 01-24-2011, 11:57 AM
paul94blazer4x4 is on a distinguished road

thank u all for the help will post on here as soon i get my taxes back and hope to handle this mess

Old 01-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Starting Member
JustJerry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by burning_soul07
all the info you need including pics

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f220/t...thread-327817/
Can you tell me if the info at that link would be correct for a 92 S10 4X4?

Old 01-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

The vacuum diagram for your truck should be on the upper radiator support. They are pretty hardy. My 84 Jimmy still has the original as well as my 94 Blazer.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Starting Member

Yes, I know, it has the emission hose routing on top of the radiator, not the 4 X 4 vacuum hose routing.

And of course I was speaking about the 4 X 4 vacuum hose routing being as this topic is "vacuum lines not on transfer case need help" and that's what the link you posted is about.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The information given in the s10forum link is based on an early TBI motor. The only difference between that and a later CPI motor (depending on what you have) would be in the location of the vacuum port off of the intake manifold and maybe in the actual routing of the lines themselves, but not likely. It is a pretty simple system and often it is better to just start fresh with new hoses everywhere in the system with respect to the vacuum supply and actuator lines (not necessary with the vent lines unless they are really bad).

Old 01-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Starting Member

Thank you.

I'm thinking about changing mine being as its a 92, and it is a CPI motor.

Everything is still working fine on the 4 wheel drive, I have changed all of my coolant hoses, 3 times if my memory is correct, just to be safe.

That has been the best pictures of the vacuum hoses routing that I've seen.

I've got a 1992 Chevy S10 Blazer Truck Factory Shop Service Manual
coming my way, I'm hoping it will have much good information for my 92 S10. I was disappoint in the Chilton's Manuel for the 83-93 S10.

Quick Reply: vacum lines not on transfer case need help