1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

W code injector question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 11:58 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light
Default W code injector question.

ok, so my brother & i have ripped out the driveline on his '83 Dime for an under hood "freshening up/make over", and when we removed the fuel lines from the inside of the intake, they cracked right @ the fitting (@ the rear of the intake). you know, right where they connect to the hard line that comes in through the driver's rear corner of the lower intake.

i know a lot of you guys have replaced your spider assembly before, but does anyone know of a kit where you can just get these hoses? i was tinking of using high grade fuel line, but my brother wants me to see what the thoughts of the forum might be, and what might be available in the aftermarket (GM doesn't carry any of this anymore).

keep in mind, i don't want any suggestions on where i can get a new unit, this one only has like 8 or 9 thousand kilometers on it-and it's a BN GM unit.

any thoughts about using high grade fuel line inside? my only thought was about possible oil degrading the line over time. it's his Summer show truck, which he does drive, just not a whole heck of a lot, but it is driven. i don't want to be pulling apart the engine because i should've used the original style plumbing inside.

thanks.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:46 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If the '83 has been fitted with the CPI engine, then the lines you speak of are typically called the 'nut kit' and are available separately. I posted PNs from a few stores in another thread a few days ago.

These lines are nylon for a reason and that is to withstand the heat and contamination from being inside the engine. I doubt fuel line would hold up in that environment. The temperatures would cause accelerated degradation.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

NAPA carries 'em, AutoZone carries 'em, Advanced Auto has 'em.

All for $55-$70, depending if you get the bracket and torx screw with them. It's the 'nut kit', as Kyle said, also known as the fuel pressure and return lines.

And I wouldn't use fuel line under the plenum unless you plan on doing this again soon.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:22 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road