1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

yeah for rock auto, boo for me

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Starting Member
rastoma is on a distinguished road
Default yeah for rock auto, boo for me

this is a few days late, but earlier this week I received two lift supports from Rockauto for the rear glass on my 93 4dr s10 blazer. They fit perfectly and were very good quality and cheap too compared to local parts stores.

The same day I put them on (during lunch break) I went to finish my mail route and got stuck in some mud after pulling into a yard to deliver a package and slowly slid/backed into a tree. I have a wheel carrier and it dented in the tailgate now my back glass won't shut

Luckily I leave the back glass unhatched but it stays almost closed behind the spare tire because I get in and out the back several times a day for packages. If it had been latched I'm positive the back glass would have shattered.

Now the outside latch/handle is broken and I thought the back tailgate was shot but I managed to break the lock today and it opens and shuts very smoothly with no binding or 'stickiness' anywhere so the dent isn't affecting the tailgate latches just the latch for the glass.

Do you think I would do more harm than good if I try and get a chain onto the wheel carrier latch and tie to a tree and SLOWLY pull on it to pull it back out?

I'm sick this happened because I've been so fond of this truck since I got it.... mainly because it's a 93 with less than 100k miles and about 90% in perfect condition... or WAS.