Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/1st-generation-s-series-1983-1994-tech-40/)
-   -   89 s10 blazer (https://blazerforum.com/forum/1st-generation-s-series-1983-1994-tech-40/89-s10-blazer-58469/)

luvmaBLAZER 04-28-2011 12:38 PM

89 s10 blazer

hey there all well 1st of all im new to the site and now to the point i have an 89 s10 blazer with electric dash and the mph doesnt light up can anyone help please also at 85mph my engine shakes what can i do to my ecu to remove that or what can be done so i can go faster:icon_bike:

nineTnine 04-28-2011 04:53 PM

The digital dashes were known to fail so it could be that or a blown fuse. Possibly a loose connection in the back too. They are cool but pricey to fix/replace. I'll assume you have a 4.3L, they didn't have limiters so the ECM isn't causing the vibration. I had my old rust bucket S10 up to 90 once, it was loud as could be but no shakes from the drivetrain. Something may be amiss in the front end, bad alignment, loose tie rod, bad tire, ball joints going bad, it could be a lot of things.

wazzledoozle 04-28-2011 06:02 PM

Could be that your wheel bearings need some fresh grease too. But theres lots of things that can cause shaking at high speeds...

luvmaBLAZER 04-30-2011 11:57 AM

yeah man 4.3l and i luv it lol and well gona check it cause only my mph gauge doesnt light up and i really need it dont wana go too fast now or i might get a ticket

ohsofly 04-30-2011 08:25 PM

I wouldnt want to go that fast in a blazer... Thats dangerous, these arent race cars man. If you want to go faster, try taller tires. My blazer runs out of balls at about 70mph, so I dont think you are going to get it to go faster without a motor swap.

As for the speedo, mine flickers when I use the dimmer, so maybe play with the dimmer switch and see if that affects it.

If you want a new dash cluster, check this guy out. Some members have bought from him and nobody had a complaint. www.digitaldashsolutions.com

nineTnine 04-30-2011 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by ohsofly (Post 429499)
I wouldnt want to go that fast in a blazer... Thats dangerous, these arent race cars man. If you want to go faster, try taller tires. My blazer runs out of balls at about 70mph, so I dont think you are going to get it to go faster without a motor swap.

As for the speedo, mine flickers when I use the dimmer, so maybe play with the dimmer switch and see if that affects it.

If you want a new dash cluster, check this guy out. Some members have bought from him and nobody had a complaint. www.digitaldashsolutions.com

The interstate speed limit here in Iowa is 70, so traffic is usually doing about 80 and my Blazer still has some go to it at those speeds, yours should be comparable I would think with the Vortec but how fast something is is comparable I guess. The TBI V6 luv has wouldn't hold a candle to either of ours I would hope though