1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

93 Tahoe LT-Lend me a hand?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Beginning Member
Bob'sblazer is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hey Forum guys, I just bought my first blazer Being a tahoe LT fullsize edition.

Purchased with 113,600 and these KNOWN problems- slight rocker rust, and needs fender and wheel well on PASS side. anti lock is illuminated and there is a noticeable miss during idle. THe gas gauge is stuck at 1/8 tank and the temp gauge is non functional. slack throttle cable (fixed) new rotor not cap/plugs/wires yet. shifter is Loose, and will have enough play to slide into another gear on the indicator, but not on the trans- WILL NEED HELP*

- The throt cable was fixed with a ziptie and works good now,

Found out the gas gauge doesnt work the HARD way, ran out on a hill... disconnected the plug just behind the bumper and the fuel gauge did NOT raise to FULL, Dead gauge?

Did the same for the temp gauge and it stayed on zero. non functional gauge?

found significant aging on vacuum lines and i will digress that to be my missfire at idle.

i will fill in later, gotta ruN!

need assistance ASAP

Thanks

Bob

Ok, So I also have the "slow" window problem, dont know the cause but need the link on restoring the motors! i cannot find it. Like I stated in the previous message There are slight but cumbersome issues, any help is welcome

Last edited by rriddle3; 10-17-2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 10-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Beginning Member

Well I must admit im rather offended, i didnt even get swartlkk to chime in...
LOL

Follow up:
Blazer Tahoe LT fullsize
4.3W (262) CPI
Auto trans/manual Transfer Case
113,7XX miles

Well i have diagnosed my idle problem, Result is a dirty EGR. Car runs fine before warm-up, after it begins missing.
Disconnecting the EGR results in a smooth idle and fine running, but SES illuminates
I found the loose shifter to be in the linkage, very worn But operates for now.
The wheel pulls right slightly due to an unknown cause currently
Gauge cluster was pulled and the gauges were freed, The gas gauge works! but the temp gauge is kaput. and after disassembling the "check gauges" light illuminates intermittently, i will just buy a new one and reset the mileage to match my LT

Found a power steering leak on the pressure line, replacement is DUE
Intake hose is split- PCV line to airbox is bad
Cruise control cable is broken, but did operate previously so i can replace it.
The rear wiper works when it wants to... help???
Still need to replace the inner/outer fender and rockers.
Drivers door handle sticks
-Both front windows fail to operate properly! i need the link to rebuilding the motor!!!!! admins help me out!

If your in possession of any of these parts, PLEASE contact me and let me know.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:16 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Could be that the reason you aren't getting much replies is because you posted this in the 2nd Gen section rather than the K5 Full Size section.

Big difference between the two series.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Beginning Member

Well its classified as an s-10 blazer tahoe lt, I am assuming it is the same thing, but i have not yet learned the difference. i figured the k5's were the Big ones with v8's

Old 10-20-2010, 09:20 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob'sblazer
Hey Forum guys, I just bought my first blazer Being a tahoe LT fullsize edition...
Originally Posted by Bob'sblazer
Well its classified as an s-10 blazer tahoe lt, I am assuming it is the same thing, but i have not yet learned the difference. i figured the k5's were the Big ones with v8's
The S-10 is the small Blazer and a K5 Blazer is the fullsize one. If you will tell us which it is we can make sure this thread is in the correct section. I suspect you have the S-10 Blazer Tahoe package, not the fullsize K5 Blazer.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Beginning Member

Thats the one tahoe package.... its like ford and thier explorers... I STILL cant figure them out. But yes it is a tahoe LT and is in the right section.... that much i know

Old 10-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Beginning Member

Ok, i did the honor of my first sea foam on my blazer, pulled and cleaned the egr, and to my demise my misfire was still present... I noticed a tick coming from drivers side and began to wonder, What the hell? i checked, and lo and behold a floppy sparkplug... I changed it out for one of my new NGK's and its fine, it idles and runs GREAT. i found myself dumbfounded. so after smoking my neighbors out and enjoying a little fun changing the dreaded drivers side middle plug, i have no complaints. I ordered two new motors for the windows and they are on the way, bought hardware to re affix the regulator. and found my rear wiper motor has a goofy connector, i have just been lazy toward it. I do however have a slightly pestering problem, my drivers seat has slack in it, i cant find it and dont know that much of the power seats, is there a way to take up the slack? i was afraid it would mean re forming the tracks. i hope not!