Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/1st-generation-s-series-1983-1994-tech-40/)
-   -   94 window problems. (https://blazerforum.com/forum/1st-generation-s-series-1983-1994-tech-40/94-window-problems-71756/)

cadaver666 06-26-2012 08:32 PM

94 window problems.

well, where to begin?.. just got a 94 4.3 4x4 and the windows are not working. at first the rear driver side window would work with some help, and the rear passanger would go down about two inches then stop. and nothing from the drivers side or passanger. this was going on for about a week. so this weekend I hit up pick a part and got a master switch and new switches for all the doors, the winodws will not go down with their own switches as well. I replaced the master switch and nothing, I can hear the motor on the drivers side attempting to work but nothing, I replaced the 30a fuse on the fuse block for the windows but still nothing. so all the windows do not work now, on the master switch or each switch on each door. any advice? im pulling my hair out over this!!!
p.s I live in southern cali and not having windows that dont go down is causing me to loose alot of weight in sweat. haha

greenturtlehope 06-27-2012 02:26 PM

I have the same problem both front windows won't go down at all, the back drivers side will go down a little and you have to hand force it to go up or down any further, the back passenger will so down a little bit but it also needs help. We need help too.

greenturtlehope 06-27-2012 02:27 PM

I am assuming your ac isn't working either.

cadaver666 06-28-2012 12:21 PM

you have assumed correct, when I got the truck the previous owner said they had replaced the compressor recently, but inspecting visiualy it looks rather old. and the fan didnt blow at first, but I replaced the switch..now it works. im taking it to a buddies shop here in a couple days for the windows, ill let you know what the problem is when its fixed. careful though, my windows worked like that at first too, now they dont work at all!!

Mishimoto 06-29-2012 12:56 PM

From what I've seen with power windows, if the master switch doesn't do anything but the individual door switches do work, faulty master. If the master and individual both don't work, I do the following.
Hunt down the huge fuse for the power windows and make sure it's good. If still nothing works, I'll take off the door panel and check for power at the wiring harness connection to the motor using a voltmeter. If voltage is present, then get a junk wiring harness that connects into the window motor (this comes from a donor vehicle). Strip down the two ends and then using a jump pack or spare 12 volt battery make a connection to test the motor. If the motor is good you could be looking at the window being off track or the gears of the for the window lift being broken.

It is common with these older vehicles to have the power windows work really slow, so if you've got that problem or are fixing one of the above problems it helps to do the following. Clean all the old gunk off the gears, track and rubber guides, then apply a new lubricant.

RetroBlazer 07-04-2012 12:39 AM

More than likely, it's bad motors and the regulators need to be lubed. Use white lithium grease.

I replaced all four motors in mine and lubed the regulators plus sprayed some silicone spray in the channels and they are fast as ever up and down.

Juss11 07-06-2012 11:06 PM

If you hear the motor running then switch is good. First thing Id do is lube the window tracks and them pull Door pannel and take a look at the window regulator. On my daughters 93 S10 Blazer one of the bolts that hold the window to the regulator came out and the window got bindend in the track that the regulator slides in. Lube that also.

slimshany6 07-08-2012 09:12 AM

It is the motors they are probably the stock ones. I have a 91 and you could hear the motor trying to work just didn't have the power any more. only like 20 bucks a peice yeah eing all four windows your looking at 100 bucks with lube and hardware. In alot of older cars they will work right off the top then get hot extremely fast and lock up. let em cool down and they will work for another couple inches.

cadaver666 11-08-2012 04:04 PM

stilllll havent fixed the windows on this thing yet, considering going to a scrap yard and trying to find a regulator and motor complete, any way to test these first at the yard before buying??:icon_dunce:

richphotos 11-08-2012 04:22 PM

I suppose you could bring a battery and somehow hook it up to the motor directly and see if it moves.